I am road legal in NZ

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Ok for those of you who have seen my posts you will know I have imported a 1983 Chrysler Cordoba 318 into New Zealand late last year, it arrvied to me on 24 Dec, my xmas present! We have quite strict rules on putting cars on the road, for example brake shoes have to be replaced and brake pads, drums are measured, discs are measured, bushes are checked, bearings all checked, seat belts, cameras used to look in the chassis for rust and about a million other things! Well I finally got there she is now road legal and I can drive it on the roads here!! Thanks to all the people who have helped me with info to show the inspectors here in NZ, helped me a lot. So you have lost a J body to NZ :laughing4: I have a few things I want to do now, first one is sorted the trans wouldn't go into reverse, ended up being the lip seal on the revese band servo, now have a good strong reverse. Next is a wheel alignment.

Many Thanks
Bruce

enigma57

Reaction score
:icon_thumright: Good on you, Bruce! Sounds as if the biggest battles are behind you now and you can begin sorting out small issues and enjoy driving your car.

Best regards,

Harry

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Car was a California car all its life, now it is in Christchurch New Zealand car, you guys may have heard we had some BIG earthquakes here in 2010 and 2011.

Back