I finally had to admit defeat...

SRTMirada

Reaction score
I had a fuel line leak once. Just enough of a leak for the fuel pump to suck air but not enough for it to leak fuel. It was on top of the frame rail under the control arm.

MoparDan

Reaction score
The lines around the tank are "crusty" and have been for years (31 years driven in New England...) I'm sure they'll break as soon as the gas tank is dropped

MoparDan

Reaction score
Big update: we cut the big cat off, instead of waiting for the garage to be ready, yah it was clogged IMG_2023-06-02-20-12-29-321.jpgIMG_2023-06-02-20-12-57-558.jpgIMG_2023-06-02-20-13-43-625.jpg

MoparDan

Reaction score
I've driven her around the area, on and off the longest trip was probably 5-8 miles one way, mostly short trips so far no issues other then with the brakes (more on that later)

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
In the voice of Peg from Zip Ties and Bias Plies
"You don't need to worry about no catalytic converters"

Also
download (2).jpeg
frame0.jpg

MoparDan

Reaction score
I don't know who that girl is, but I'd say to her what I say to everyone else: If you're going to have opinions on my life then I can only assume you're going to be paying my bills

MoparDan

Reaction score
Man The Cherry Bomb sounds cool without the giant cat, she's also a freaking rocket ship now! I don't know if she's really is faster then a stock M with cats, but she sure feels like it!

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I don't know who that girl is, but I'd say to her what I say to everyone else: If you're going to have opinions on my life then I can only assume you're going to be paying my bills
It's a running gag on Zip Ties and Bias Plies making fun of global warming activists. Peg is a 1 legged guy in Alberta with a bunch of diesel trucks that he runs with little to no emission controls. Like your 0 cat set up. If you like foul mouthed Canadian content and want to waste an hour:

also Im glad you didn't give up on your car. Idk what the emissions rules are where you live but you could always do the dirty NY trick and hollow out the cat and put it back on. Because no one looks inside the cat, they just make sure you have one

MoparDan

Reaction score
Im glad you didn't give up on your car. Idk what the emissions rules are where you live but you could always do the dirty NY trick and hollow out the cat and put it back on. Because no one looks inside the cat, they just make sure you have one
I'd never give up on The Cherry Bomb she's been with me though every imaginable situation... always gotten me where I needed to. As far as I know they don't test in Florida so I'm good. When I lived in Connecticut I had an '87 Diplomat and the rules there are (or were) 25 year up don't get tested and the Dip was 24 years old at the time, so I had have an e test done and the exhaust had bad rust and many holes (from being parked on a lawn for 12 years) somehow she still past the test (I was told she was right at the limit though!)

MoparDan

Reaction score
Update: I'm too tired for a detailed post but basically she runs great, but the brakes are weak, I had my mechanic friend do a test drive and he says it feels like there's no power, and she's running on manual brakes, he didn't have time for a long test, but says what I already notice they work there just weak. The fluid level is fine, he did notice the fluid was hot which he says in unusual, and thinks the brake booster (I think that's what he said) is either dead or near it, we haven't had the chance to give the brakes a detailed check, but there is noise coming from the front brakes and he thinks a caliper might be hung up (since he replaced the brake pads shorty before the engine trouble started) I've done some short drives and the brake light is on and always stays on

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
Man The Cherry Bomb sounds cool without the giant cat, she's also a freaking rocket ship now! I don't know if she's really is faster then a stock M with cats, but she sure feels like it!
can we get a vid of how it sounds? i had thought about ripping my cat off. it mmakes a "put put put" sound when the engine is having trouble. sometimes i think it may be clogged, though as far as i know mine is pretty new. was stolen shortly before i bought the car

MoparDan

Reaction score
can we get a vid of how it sounds? i had thought about ripping my cat off. it mmakes a "put put put" sound when the engine is having trouble. sometimes i think it may be clogged, though as far as i know mine is pretty new. was stolen shortly before i bought the car
I'd love to if I could figure out how, when I took all the pictures of the Moyes Fifth Avenue I took atleast two videos of it on my phone, but it wouldn't let me post them here.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Also she appears to have been sabatoged (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) somehow today...I don't want to get into it right now...IMG_2023-07-21-19-58-11-507.jpgIMG_2023-07-21-19-57-57-390.jpg

IMG_2023-07-21-19-58-24-301.jpg

IMG_2023-07-21-19-58-11-507.jpg

IMG_2023-07-21-19-57-57-390.jpg

Last edited:

MoparDan

Reaction score
Sorry I think I posted some twice. Sand in the carburetor and around engine, air cleaner looks like it caught on fire, theres also beer all over the engine bay...Carburetor comes off tomorrow and go from there IMG_2023-07-21-19-57-29-673.jpgIMG_2023-07-21-19-58-35-763.jpg

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
beer in the engine bay? i can't think of how that much dirt got in there. that sucks

Aspen500

Reaction score
About 40 years ago a friend of mine said (edited family friendly version), you can mess with the guy, you can mess with his woman, you can mess with his dog but don't you ever dare mess with his car.

MoparDan

Reaction score
The problem is there are a couple of possible "suspects" so I don't know blame or not blame...which is probably a good thing!

Ele115

Reaction score
In the late 70's my brother Yazghedev went through this. Someone was screwing with his car and he couldn't get a lead. He began sleeping in the car every night and caught this stooge trying to put fertilizer in his petrol tank. If the neighbors wouldn't have pulled Yazghedev off the guy, he would have died. A lot of frustration built up. Cars are inanimate machinery. You can replace them. It's the principle that changes everything. People keying cars or shoving carts into them boils my Shashlik to no end. I just got some epic shopping cart damage on my new Highlander and I have to take the tailgate off and fix it because these clowns have no respect of our hard earned property. I had better STFU now. Sorry you have to go through this.

Back