I want the MyGig!

DustinSitz

Reaction score
I think I’m going to do a radio install sometime soon. Since cost is similar, and the MyGig is the last 1.5DIN Chrysler stereo— its worth asking the question.

Additionally: what are y’all running as far as modern stereo/speakers?

My car is a 1989 Fifth Avenue

Camtron

Reaction score
My “modern” stereo is the Cd/Tape/ radio unit out of a late ‘90s Cherokee. I installed Boss audio speakers in both the dash and rear package tray. Have been thinking about adding speakers in the kicker panels but, would want a second set of panels to cut up.
Sound quality is very nice. But practically anything would have sounded better than the dried/torn speakers that came in the car.
I also have a ‘89, 5th Ave.

2CD2C3DE-4343-4C71-AB36-EA886975EB73.jpeg

Hayzoos

Reaction score
Is there a way to make a MyGig work in a vehicle without a CAN-B bus?

I purchased a cheap Wal-Mart mech-less head unit 1DIN in size and used a 1DIN->1.5DIN adaptor I had. It has Bluetooth for hands-free phone and playlist, USB input, and aux plus AM/FM. I am using factory speakers and rear amp. Sounds at least as good as factory and a lot more convenient. Blue glow illumination is a bit out of place.

I have a couple of factory units that need refurbished when I get time to do so. One is an AM/FM/Cassette with EQ and silver face. Its buttons all need replaced and the cassette drive belt is toast along with the standard replacement of electrolytic capacitors. I hope to obtain a silver face joystick model. I may try to add AUX/Bluetooth/USB via a module or cassette adaptor.

Camtron

Reaction score
I know Jegs has factory models like mine that have been refurbished and aux port added to them. They go for like $400
There used to be a guy on eBay who outfitted older heads like ours with Bluetooth and/or Aux port but, I didn’t see any of his listings when I did a quick search just now.