Interesting FMJ Media Thread.

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
inspired by @picklesgarage's post i thought it'd be interesting to gather different pieces of media featuring FMJ cars. what i'm most looking for are news articles, news clips/stories, true crime stories, advertisements especially if an FMJ car is featured in an ad for something unrelated to the car, magazine articles, and generally obscure pieces of media featuring an FMJ car that can't be found on IMCDB. i'll accept movie appearences if they're REALLY interesting such as the alleged pimp my ride appearance of an AHB Diplomat.
examples:
a rental car ad featuring a fifth avenue, the CHP car driven by the murderer of Cara Knott, the remains of a 1979 Caravelle involved in the horrific murder of the Johnson family in 1983. (sorry for getting depressing on yall)

fifth ad.jpg

caraknottdiplomat.jpg

wellsgrayparkcaravelle1983.jpg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
i used to frequent that site a while ago. glad its still up and retro looking as ever. i had forgotten where i got that pic.
Yup. Traffic died off when google commercialized and started pointing search results at wikipedia and business sites but it's still around. I still have a lot of updates to do to it but I'm going to leave the look pretty much the same as a rememberance to those simpler interweb days:)

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
well if you got anything interesting feel free to post. here is another less depressing example of what i'm looking for
[/QUOTE]

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
JDM Fifth Avenue seen in 1995 movie "Minnā yatteru ka!" and an NYPD Gran Fury used by the main Characters in the 4 episode OVA "Mad Bull 34" the cruiser is wrecked in every episode. also the elusive NASCAR Diplomat.

japanesejdmfifthave.png

japfifth3.jpg

madbullfury.png

nascar dip.jpg

nascar dip 2.png

MoparDan

Reaction score
I found this in the glovebox on an '80s Chevy pick-up, inside was a receipt for a set of tires I believe from the late '80s, I saw the Gran Fury on the cover so I saved it, it was lost in the hotel fire

10662098_692780824137985_8584535463429634936_o.jpg

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
There were Diplomat NASCARs?
frm what i've been able to gather that diplomat only raced as a Dip in one race at the Milwaukee Mile in 1984 and was made a Diplomat due to ARCA rules about which cars could run a Hemi. it was soon after refitted into a Mirada by putting a Mirada front end on it and giving it bigger opera windows as can be seen in the second photo. the car still exist at the Lane motor museum as a red Mirada #9

MoparDan

Reaction score
Would've been cool if they used those in NASCAR maybe they would've brought the 2-doors back, which would've been nice

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
Would've been cool if they used those in NASCAR maybe they would've brought the 2-doors back, which would've been nice
they raced Miradas throughout the 80s and that didn't bring em back. but it still would've been cool to see another race Dip out there. thing is these cars aren't very aerodynamic.

MoparDan

Reaction score
I forget where I first found this (dippy.org?) it doesn't seem like these were ever built, it would've been cool if these had been made, more aerodynamic then a normal M-body, I wonder how these would've done against Monte Carlos and T-Birds in '80s NASCAR races.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
It looks like a rip-off of the Monte Carlo right down to the description of having a soft eurethane nose.
It almost seems more like an april fools joke. They already dropped the coupes by then and were pushing to pull the plug on Ms. The last thing they'd want to do it re-tool for a coupe with unique panels. It would have been more plausible if the coupes were still around and they were going to put a different nose and spoiler on them sort of like the treatment Aspen R/Ts got with their body kits.

Back