Introducing New Member: Kermit

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to our community!

Can you tell us a little about your vehicle?
BudW

Kermit

Reaction score
Just noticed this post, that's a cool feature.

Im Jared, from Las Vegas. Just bought a 1979 Aspen SE Wagon to use as a daily driver. Its a 318 factory 4bbl and automatic trans. Loaded with a/c PS, PB, and front buckets.

Its green on green on green, which I dig, so I named him Kermit the Dodge. Needs lots of work, got a fair amount of bondo and shitty paint. The interior is original, seats look great, everything else looks like it spent 40 years in the desert. Going to be needing lots of plastic!

Thanks for the welcome

IMG_25431.jpg

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
Welcome. Grille looks just about complete. Get some glue on that as soon as possible. If you look at it sideways you`re likely to break it. They get pretty brittle with age and 30 years in the desert wouldn`t help.

Kermit

Reaction score
Welcome. Grille looks just about complete. Get some glue on that as soon as possible. If you look at it sideways you`re likely to break it. They get pretty brittle with age and 30 years in the desert wouldn`t help.
Its not as nice as it looks! I was changing the air filter, and barely touched it, and half of the mounting points broke hahaha. I'm starting to learn that the plastics are going to be a pain to source. Thanks for the welcome/advise.

7T8 Custom

Reaction score
You can make a paste from dissolving ABS plastic filings and nail polish remover(Acetone) about the consistency of peanut butter and bond the pieces back together.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
40 years in the body shop and i didn't know that.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
The indestructible RV2 A/C compressor (that weights in like a boat anchor) and the hard to find 4-bbl air cleaner (with the short snorkel), and with Lean Burn.
I have a suspicion this car was made with California Emissions on it.

I’m jealous – my wagon only has a 318 2-bbl and without A/C or cruise.

Actually, your car has all of the right options on it. Not very may wagons got power windows.
BudW

Kermit

Reaction score
The indestructible RV2 A/C compressor (that weights in like a boat anchor) and the hard to find 4-bbl air cleaner (with the short snorkel), and with Lean Burn.
I have a suspicion this car was made with California Emissions on it.

I’m jealous – my wagon only has a 318 2-bbl and without A/C or cruise.

Actually, your car has all of the right options on it. Not very may wagons got power windows.
BudW
That's how I felt about it, perfect driver. Also has an external transmission cooler that looks factory. Rear speakers too!

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Vehicles with the Heavy Duty towing package came with the police style external transmission cooler and generally came an A727 and decent gears in the rear differential (3.21 or 3.55’s). The gear ratio is not a for-sure thing, though.
My wagon has 3.21’s and it is fun to drive in-town in.

The external transmission cooler will have two metal 5/16” cooler lines go up alongside driver’s side of radiator, across the top of core support (see white circle on picture, below) and down to a cooler that is attached underneath the bracket that hood latch is attached to.

The rear speaker(s) can be either a factory installed or a dealership installed option. Same parts used either way.

You have me eager to look at your fender tag, now.

Not in this post (so go start another post in the F-body section) with either a good picture of your fender tag (which is not far from the cruise control servo) or write down all of the data on it, in order it shows on the tag(s).

Here is where the fender tag is located at on my wagon (red arrow).
20170501_172322 R.jpg

BudW

Back