Introducing New Member: Ruby

Ruby

Reaction score
Here’s the only pics of Ruby the day after I bought her. Think I’m the 4th owner
1085F36D-A2A2-4B53-9DA0-580C52945D56.jpeg
0EC04DFD-1D7E-4C59-9B3B-67DD33A4916C.jpeg
BEE4C7E7-7863-44C0-A312-3ABEDF0E2FEA.jpeg

Last edited:

Ruby

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I didn't realize that this forum automatically posted about new members. Well any who...My dippy is a 85 model nicknamed "Ruby" that I bought last fall. Not in bad shape considering that it has seen many Wisconsin winters:(. This isn't my first M body. My first car was a 80 Le Baron coupe which I still regret to this day selling. Then just out of high school I found a 81 Diplomat coupe which unfortunately was a real rot box. Fast forward almost 20 years and I really miss how much fun those 2 cars were, so I figured it was time to get another. Well around here these cars didn't hold up well to the road salt and other then the 2 coupes I had way back when, they just don't exist. 4dr cars are around and this one was in town cheap. It's not perfect. Needs paint some rust repair and little odds n ends. Possible future upgrades include the 400 big block out of my Coronet.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Welcome! If the M's don't exist up there in WI, when was the last time that you laid eyes on a F? I suspect the F's were all crushed or disintegrated 20 years ago. Post some pics of your Dip! We like pics. ;)

Ruby

Reaction score
Welcome! If the M's don't exist up there in WI, when was the last time that you laid eyes on a F? I suspect the F's were all crushed or disintegrated 20 years ago. Post some pics of your Dip! We like pics. ;)
Lol yeah f bodies didn’t fair well at all. Guy I used to work with has several. Couple of Petty kit cars and a super coupe. Other then those I don’t think I’ve seen an original f body since the late 90s. Here’s a current pic of Ruby, never really took many pics of the old gal.
671EE85C-1290-4751-945D-EE0297584E12.jpeg

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Hey look, it's a snowmobile. :) Glad you were able to find yourself a current M. Welcome to the group.

Ruby

Reaction score
Hey look, it's a snowmobile. :) Glad you were able to find yourself a current M. Welcome to the group.
Yeah darn white stuff! Week ago we had almost no snow and in two days 18”. Was hoping to dig Ruby out so I could start getting her ready for summer duty. Looks like that isn’t happening for a couple months☹️.

Back