Isn't she pretty?

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Just about winter and today was nice, backed out of garage and she looked so cute I snapped a pic, btw I am heavily biased :D

IMG_20190526_161257.jpg

line_1558844008399.jpg

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Definitely a head turner. Beautiful car. Interesting that it got such a great "second life" when you bought and imported it. I bet the original owner would have never thought that her Cordoba would have wound up in New Zealand looking like it does now! ;) That shade of blue is one of my favorite blues. Was it custom mixed, or stock color from another vehicle? Weird to read that it is "just about winter" when here, it is just about summer.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Its a stock color, summer gets hot and winter it freezes but as for temps let me think I need to convert from C to F, winter night 25 day 50 and summer 59 night and day 86 but can go as high as 95 but not often. May get snow once every 5 years. Today was about 66, wasn't normal for this time of year!

Last edited:

Bruceynz

Reaction score
I have kinda changed it a lot, driving it today I forgot how well I have got it going! Its had a LOT done to it! Ride is quite firm now! Wheels, color, interior, rear end, engine and trans, shocks, sway bars, steering gear, and more! I have had a lot of help and advice on here! Its been really good, I have made 2 really good friends on here, Mr Volare Imperial and AJ/FormS!! Both will be life time friends!!!!

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
I'd come over but it's a really long walk and most of the way is on water, which does't support me very well. And besides, you're a lil too close to the bad guys for my comfort.lol. And now it's winter, on top of all that, which I just came out of.
25 is like -4C, sheesh that's shirtsleeve weather for me. It was -7 here a few nights ago. Forecast for tomorrow is +25C
nice looking Rocket btw

Bruceynz

Reaction score
These last 2 door mopars are heavily under looked, they still run all the muscle car running gear, engines, trans and rear end. It weighs in at 3750lbs (so not light but not super heavy) I could at of bought a duster or a dart but I liked the doba, it's just cool and mixers in a touch of class.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Needs a few things to finish, fender extensions painted and LSD installed into the 8.25" but I don't know what to do and have no one in NZ to help me except the rear end shop who want to charge me a couple grand to do it!

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Installing the diff is not difficult if your not changing gears.

Duke5A

Reaction score
Needs a few things to finish, fender extensions painted and LSD installed into the 8.25" but I don't know what to do and have no one in NZ to help me except the rear end shop who want to charge me a couple grand to do it!

A couple grand?!? I built an entire Dana 60 for that!

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I've installed the diff in a 8.25 by feel, go by how the old one is and put the ring gear on the new diff after the new bearings are installed then set it in the case and if I remember correctly the 8.25 is adjusted to get back lash by rings on the sides of the bearings. I'm sure you could set up a dial indacator but I didn't have one at the time. This was 1986?

Back