Iso-delete Options

Chassis, Suspension and wheels

1. charlesvolare

charlesvolare Active Member

I'm looking into doing an iso-delete on my volare, firm feel seems a bit more pricey than what I'm wanting to spend. What are other the ways to do this- I remember seeing there's ways to swap shock plates, maybe there's a way to fab up the same thing from firmfeel?

2. Kernel Sanders

Kernel Sanders Well-Known Member

Just find some 8.75 shock plates, tack weld washers in the oversized centering holes.
    See the 8.75 shock plates for sale all the time on FABO
    you will need different shocks as well

3. Kernel Sanders

Kernel Sanders Well-Known Member

4. NorthernNYMOPAR

NorthernNYMOPAR Active Member

Got tools? Like welder, drill or drill press, saw, steel? Make them, I cut up the plates, welded new centers in, added reinforcements to keep from bending, ordered new longer u-bolts and did it myself, bunch of time, engineering, tools, and you can make it. Part of the reason I did it was to keep the original type shock mounting.

5. charlesvolare

Yeah I have tools and a welder and everything, in school for engineering so I have confidence I can do it correctly. I want it to appear stockish and be strong. Do you have pictures of your setup?

I have an 8.25, would that just be slightly modifying A body (or is it B body) mounts and clamping it all back together? Are there pictures of this as well?

I'm trying to see what options there are, I need to replace shocks anyways so I'm not to worried about using the same shock setup. I do know performance f-body shocks are somewhat limited. I haven't looked into what shocks are available if I changed the mount but if I could get a cheap set of used mounts with a bigger selection of shocks I'd go with that than stock setup with the smaller selection. Again, I haven't looked into everything, just trying to figure it all out before I make a choice.

6. charlesvolare

7. brotherGood

brotherGood Well-Known Member

B body shock plates, b body shocks, you'll need new u bolts and you'll have to modify the top plate if you have and want to keep the sway bar.

That's where I'm at with mine. Picked up a set of monroe b body shocks for like 25 bucks on amazon.

charlesvolare likes this.