It's amazing what you'll find in the trunk of your (my) car...

Greg55_99

Reaction score
From back in the day... In my case, I was in the dealership at the parts counter picking up a ballast resister when "Ziggy", the parts guy told me about the recall. I put my name in and this is the response letter recieved. When the fenders came in, the dealership guy made me sign some paperwork to get them, pointed to a pile of new fenders that had just come in and said "Help yourself". I told him I wanted my car fixed. He said that would cost extra. I was pissed. They did the same thing to everyone else as well. I also later found out Ziggy got fired for telling people about the recall program..... Never threw this away for some reason....

Greg

Documents012.jpg

Documents013.jpg

Documents014.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. The cool thing is I found a shop with 3 right and and 1 left ... that is left in their back room a few years ago- just kind of stared and thought hmmmm- never grabbed them. I wonder how many extra F-body fenders are out there now, just sitting. Currently, I have two black sets of fenders- that's 2 lefts and two rights - all are used but wait as replacements for my bad driving habits.

dodgeum

Reaction score
Wow this brings back memories... I have been a body shop technician at a Chrysler dealership since 1980 and the first jobs i had were replacing hundreds of Aspen and Volare fenders.... At the time we would prepaint the new fenders then have the customer come in to have them installed... It was hit or miss if the color matched ! Chrysler would not pay us extra to blend into the hood or the doors so there were alot of cars running around with fenders that were slightly off color...

Back