Judy Lilly 68 Cuda

Autoguy

Reaction score
Hi all. New member here, but not new to the car scene. I am looking for any info/history on Judy Lilly's 68 BO29 Cuda. I am working with a friend of mine and we are 99.99% sure we have the car and I have traced down most of the history. If anyone has any info they are willing to share, please post here or PM me. We are in the process of documenting the car prior to a restoration.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Old Iron, you having a slow day today? "99.99% sure we have the car" what part of the 99.99% did you miss?

"I am working with a friend of mine and we are 99.99% sure we have the car and I have traced down most of the history."

Autoguy

Reaction score
Old Iron, you having a slow day today? "99.99% sure we have the car" what part of the 99.99% did you miss?

"I am working with a friend of mine and we are 99.99% sure we have the car and I have traced down most of the history."
Maybe I should have stated we have a ‘68 Cuda SuperStock and we are 99.99% sure it was her car at one time.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I saw on a video of dragracing an interview of her and her new car, which year is was I'm note sure but the thing I found interesting was the doorjamb and the back side or the door was black. Just the outer body skin was race colors.
I think she had a B body at on time but I also believe she had more than one A body. It could be hard to figure out what car you might have.

Autoguy

Reaction score
I saw on a video of dragracing an interview of her and her new car, which year is was I'm note sure but the thing I found interesting was the doorjamb and the back side or the door was black. Just the outer body skin was race colors.
I think she had a B body at on time but I also believe she had more than one A body. It could be hard to figure out what car you might have.
I actually think I have all of the history and chain of ownership from when she owned it until the current owner. I am just missing one owner later in the cars life in the early 90's. It has been owned by the same person since then. There were multiple owners, and I have talked with 5 of them including Judy herself.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Sounds like a cool project, I have always been a fan of hers.

armataz

Reaction score
Maybe I should have stated we have a ‘68 Cuda SuperStock and we are 99.99% sure it was her car at one time.
it will cost you some money, but the DMV can do a title history search on previous owners. it's a matter of public record, you should just need the VIN .
good luck

Autoguy

Reaction score
Sounds like a cool project, I have always been a fan of hers.
It's been fun doing the research. The car is all white now, but I have found traces of yellow paint and other indicators from when it was Jim DeFrank's Yellow Car in the mid 70's. It was actually the cover car on the June 78 Hot Rodding Magazine.
it will cost you some money, but the DMV can do a title history search on previous owners. it's a matter of public record, you should just need the VIN .
good luck
Not when the car was never titled because it has been a race car since new.

armataz

Reaction score
It's been fun doing the research. The car is all white now, but I have found traces of yellow paint and other indicators from when it was Jim DeFrank's Yellow Car in the mid 70's. It was actually the cover car on the June 78 Hot Rodding Magazine.

Not when the car was never titled because it has been a race car since new.
Ah.. in that case you can go direct to the source. as a factory race car, plymouth would have a sales record. the vin would actually be tied to the original purchaser as a custom order.

Autoguy

Reaction score
Ah.. in that case you can go direct to the source. as a factory race car, plymouth would have a sales record. the vin would actually be tied to the original purchaser as a custom order.

Well Plymouth does not exist anymore, and I highly doubt there are any 54 year old records laying around. If it was that easy, everyone would have them and there would be a list that would be easy to find with all the VIN Numbers and original owners names.

armataz

Reaction score
thats OK, I'm just trying to help. plymouth dont exist, but their parent company, chrysler does.
I'm not saying it would be easy. it would take time for them to run the VIN and in the end they might not have it.

but, I had done so with a ford I had. ford sent me through Marti Auto Works to verify the original order and delivery code . they found out, from the VIN. that the info that came with the car was not the actual car I bought.
it was a COPO car . but it did not have the names attached to it, that the seller claimed as original owners that ordered it.
any way I figured it would be worth a try for you too.
sorry to have bothered you.
TAZ

MAGNUMCHARGER

Reaction score
Hello! I just found your thread on the ownership of the Judy Lilly B0 Race car. I'm currently working on a commissioned drawing of that car, in the 1972 Flowered paint scheme. I'm in need of a few era-correct detail photos of the scrollwork pinstriping on the fenders and quarter panels, if you might have any really good vintage shots? Glad to hear that the car is still in existence!

Capture (2).JPG

quarter panel swirls.JPG

quarter panel swirls2.JPG

Autoguy

Reaction score
Hello! I just found your thread on the ownership of the Judy Lilly B0 Race car. I'm currently working on a commissioned drawing of that car, in the 1972 Flowered paint scheme. I'm in need of a few era-correct detail photos of the scrollwork pinstriping on the fenders and quarter panels, if you might have any really good vintage shots? Glad to hear that the car is still in existence!

View attachment 48003

View attachment 48004

View attachment 48005
There are many pics out there, but most are not the resolution or quality you are probably looking for.

MAGNUMCHARGER

Reaction score
There are many pics out there, but most are not the resolution or quality you are probably looking for.
And that is correct. I must have over a hundred images of this car in this paint scheme, from magazines, the general web, the Petersen image archives and Getty. None have an adequate depiction of the areas of interest.

swirls and butterfly.jpg

Justwondering

Reaction score
Magnumcharger ...
Okay -- take this in the manner it is intended -- no offense that is.
But we are all thinking it...

You are looking at curves.... just try and move your eyes to the --------->right
and look at the curves on the car, not the, er, uh, vertical curves.

rotflmao....;)

JW

Justwondering

Reaction score
I do feel your pain.
I was chasing a 1977 green cordoba for the longest time and wanted a detailed picture of the pinstripes which appear to have been very closely positioned 'asterisk shaped' icons.

All I could find was 1) blurry shots or 2) several folks saying 'oh yeah, I remember those stripes-- they don't make them like that anymore'.

Good luck.
JW

Back