Junkyard '73 Satellite and '79 Duster

old yellow 78

Reaction score
The Duster took quite a hit to the rear! It's interesting how much of the dash is gone. The front fenders look good too, and maybe the doors. I think the roof is bent up, but it's hard to tell. Looks like it had the blue plaid seats in it. Of course the grill was probably gone before it even got through the gates of the junkyard.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
There's the blue plaid I new I had seen before OY.

Ele115

Reaction score
I've saved worse. If I didn't have so much going on that Sat would be worth a restore

ch1ll

Reaction score
do you ever inquire if you can buy these cars whole and how much they are asking for them? I see lots of parts that are sought after by folks on FABO.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
No, I haven't. I think they are probably worth more in parts and scrap metal to the yards though than selling them outright.

ch1ll

Reaction score
you would be surprised, in the last year I have bought a 68 dart gt, 69 4 dr valiant and a 68 2 door valiant all from the same junk yard for $1300 USD. I have already broke even selling parts on FABO. I have plenty left to sell.

barbee6043

Reaction score
you would be surprised, in the last year I have bought a 68 dart gt, 69 4 dr valiant and a 68 2 door valiant all from the same junk yard for $1300 USD. I have already broke even selling parts on FABO. I have plenty left to sell.
Great service to people. I commend your for it. You earn every penny that it brings you, I know from experience how much work it is!!!

If I found any cars in a yard here in SE Tx older than 2000 I would faint!

ch1ll

Reaction score
if you look for them, they are out there and its alot of work, but honestly I am having some of the most fun I have ever had with clothes on.

when I saw the video, I'm thinking about all the parts I could sell and "how do I get my hands on them"

the 2 barrel aluminum intake setups for /6 are hot commodities as well as b body spindles and UCA's.
power steering setups get popular as you get older and are tired of manual steering.

Last edited:

Ele115

Reaction score
Around here the yard is full of 2012 and up Hyundai, VW, Jag and Jeep. Hardly anything older than 2005. People get the news that they need to cough up $8000 for a transaxle repair or some electrical gremlins they just take the license plate off and go car shopping.

F body Deconstructor Jim

Reaction score
Wish there would be scrapyard with classic cars here in Europe. Just for looking around.

I'd like to find a yard with 40's-50's English Ford stuff here in the states...51 Ford Prefect to be specific:)

I dont hit the yards much for FMJ stuff. I like more or less whole cars and they dont like to sell them.

SixBanger

Reaction score
At one side it is crazy that 7+ years cars go to the yard. Even my laptop is older than that. But people need to work and so need to produce new stuff.

Here most yards are full of mid 90 to 2005 cars. I live next to a city where the strictest emission norm of the country is prevalent to date. There is an ban for diesel cars older than 2005 (euro IV). I can see that they can ban cars with no or older diesel engines with no dpf. But what about bad maintained cars that are newer? The value of these cars has dropped considerably. The alternative is for the common man to drive an older gasoline car.

Back