key blanks a little insight and help please

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I still want one of these for the Fifth...

12-08-2006_001c.jpg

12-08-2006_001c.jpg

Cordoba1

Reaction score
This thread about keys reminds me about something that happened to me a long time ago: My second car was a 1984 Dodge Diplomat Salon. I managed to melt the piston rings on the slant six. The thermostat seized on my way to school. I was giving a friend a ride, and didn't want to make her late. Well, it didn't work out, the car conked out. After getting it towed to my shop, a compression test showed that I had pretty much destroyed the engine. I found a shop who agreed to swap the engine for a junk-yard engine, so I borrowed a truck and trailer and loaded the Diplomat. Upon arrival at the shop, I discovered that I had locked the keys in the car (on the trailer)! The owner of the shop said, "no problem!" He went into his office, and grabbed a coffee can of keys marked "Chrysler." He grabbed a few keys -- and I kid you not -- the third key he tried unlocked the car.

tim berry

Reaction score
Captain there is a guy on ebay that has been listing one of those for about $80 . I do have one of those for the cordoba . the crystal if I remember correctly is cartier

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Captain there is a guy on ebay that has been listing one of those for about $80 . I do have one of those for the cordoba . the crystal if I remember correctly is cartier

The one I got must be Imperial only.
Won't fit the Fifth so I tossed it in the parts pile....

Back