lets see them j bods

crownimperial

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to your group but have so far owned 4 of the 1981-83 Imperials. Very small world, because I bought my white Imperial from the guy in Virginia that Johnnyride knows in 2005. He's the greatest guy and the whole transaction was seamless. Drove it back to Wisconsin. And I remember the Cordoba with the white carriage roof that he had at the time. I have since then changed things considerably.
15521035_orginial.jpg

johnnyride

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to your group but have so far owned 4 of the 1981-83 Imperials. Very small world, because I bought my white Imperial from the guy in Virginia that Johnnyride knows in 2005. He's the greatest guy and the whole transaction was seamless. Drove it back to Wisconsin. And I remember the Cordoba with the white carriage roof that he had at the time. I have since then changed things considerably.
15521035_orginial.jpg

Nice car and welcome to the group. And you're right, Stan's a great MOPAR guy!

Bryan M.

Reaction score
More than likely, if it was after October '09, it was me. I'd usually drop in for parts. You may have also seen the other rides there earlier...

raceday004.jpg

chevellerightfront.jpg

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
That Chevelle looks bad-ass. I've always liked the quarter window treatment the did on those and the same year LeMans. Much sleeker and more imaginitive than (feh!) opera windows. Those are my favorite of the Colonnade-era GMs.

Bryan M.

Reaction score
That 'Velle was a rot-box. The rear window was hanging by a thread, the roof was eaten through, doors were nearly two pieces each. But my lord, what a motor....:icon_super:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Nice rides folks.
Only have M's myself..but I've always had a thing for the J's.
Okay... F's too...
Ah hell.... I love 'em all.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Cowl hood is kick ass! Is it molded on or a fiberglass hood?

Thanks!!
Its a fiberglass hood scoop grafted onto a stock hood. I didnt want to do any scoop at all, let alone a chevy style scoop. I bought a low profile B+M 174 blower in hopes of keeping it under the hood.

My current project is going the opposite way and installing an 8-71 blower. Nothing says, "Look at me!" quite like a blower sticking thru the hood. I will be using a 3" wide, 14mm drive which will produce that blower whine.

Ollywood

Reaction score
Thanks!!
Its a fiberglass hood scoop grafted onto a stock hood. I didnt want to do any scoop at all, let alone a chevy style scoop. I bought a low profile B+M 174 blower in hopes of keeping it under the hood.

My current project is going the opposite way and installing an 8-71 blower. Nothing says, "Look at me!" quite like a blower sticking thru the hood. I will be using a 3" wide, 14mm drive which will produce that blower whine.

Looks great! I wouldnt call it a chevy scoop. I think the heads up mustang racers popularized the cowl hood. I run a cowl hood on my 80 AMX.
:thumbsup:

mirada80

Reaction score
Here's my 82 Mirada CMX, ordered it back in the day and still own it.
Was pictures of your Mirada ever used in an editorial or article in an old magazine from the late '80's maybe Mopar Performance, or Chrysler Power?
I have seen pictures of your car before somewhere before, besides looking awesome I remember the hood scoop catching my attention.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
View attachment 2881

Conversion in progress from 360 4bbl/904 to 5.9 Magnum/A518

Use the large trans crossmember mount for the 518. The trans tunnel needs to be opened up in that area and the smaller trans crossmember aint gonna work.
And you might want to run a piece of tape across the chrome trim on the upper part of the windsheild and the leading edge on the sim-con top. Triple digit speeds tend to remove the fiberglass cap.

Last edited:
Back