lowering blocks

Mopar&vettedude

Reaction score
Just a stupid question, the lowering blocks will sit between the rear end perch on the bottom and the top of the shock mount plate right?

slant6billy

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of Iso-clamps with lowering blocks. I can see conventional spring perch types, but the Iso-clamp has some more business going on. I would think longer U- bolts are required?

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
The kit I bought from work comes with longer u bolts. So you don't have to pay extra for u bolts.
I'm digging this thread up to see if you can expound on this a little... when you come back.

I want to drop the rear of my Lebaron 1" and I'd like to do it the easiest way possible (blocks). With the stock 318 and 7.25" rear I'm not concerned w axle-wrap... not doing a whole lotta burnouts w this setup.

The "kit" you mentioned... does it include lower shock plates? Did you need to shim for pinion angle (seems unlikely w only 1")?

So many questions because I'll be working in the driveway and/or street... I have to start and finish same day, no waiting a week for a part that I forgot to order. Getting parts assembled before I start turning wrenches has become a primary concern. It sucks, but it's life... for now.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I have not tried (or helped anyone try) to lower or raise any vehicle before – but I do have a couple of thoughts on the matter.

30 to 40 year old leaf springs do have a tendency to sag 1-2” (3-6 cm) – but I suspect you are looking for more than that amount.

AREngineering might have something that may be of help at http://arengineering.com/home-page/spring-hangers/ .
There is mention of p/n AR107. That part is in case you can’t find it is "Reinforcement plates, B-body”.
The hangers are reversible (up/down) so you “should” have a total of four different height positions with their hangers (if I recall correctly).
BudW

89.Fifth

Reaction score
I have not tried (or helped anyone try) to lower or raise any vehicle before – but I do have a couple of thoughts on the matter.

30 to 40 year old leaf springs do have a tendency to sag 1-2” (3-6 cm) – but I suspect you are looking for more than that amount.

AREngineering might have something that may be of help at http://arengineering.com/home-page/spring-hangers/ .
There is mention of p/n AR107. That part is in case you can’t find it is "Reinforcement plates, B-body”.
The hangers are reversible (up/down) so you “should” have a total of four different height positions with their hangers (if I recall correctly).
BudW

I just ordered a set and I don't think the hangers are reversible. I got the reinforcing plates too and if you try to flip the reinforcement plate 180 degrees it will no longer fit on the hanger. Meaning the holes are drilled with a slight offset from left to right. (trapezoid)

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I have ran across before on other carlines.
All FMJ vehicles use the same front spring hanger (which is the same as newer B & R-body’s, and others) – so the front spring hanger can be installed on either side of car.

Memory thinks they can also be installed upside down – but I might be wrong on that aspect.
Seems like I was told they made them slightly different from OE, just so they could be reversed – to give a total of four positions (on the dual hole versions).

When you get them in and try them out, let us know (pictures are always better . . .).
Sometimes I wonder if I’ve forgotten more than what memory currently holds.
BudW

4speedjim

Reaction score
Mine is on the ground, and I would not suggest it. If you want, and I think you should, come take my car for the day, a ride or a good look underneath. Maybe a Cheapy bag job so its drivable? Air shocks, valve and a compressor. This way you wont bottom out over the rises, bridges and pot holes as I'm experiencing. If your dropping the axle, Id consider B body spring/shock plates to replace the prone to failure iso clamps. Seriously JNF, Its important enough to me that Id gladly meet you half way for the opportunity to talk you out of this.

Mopar&vettedude

Reaction score
Well I still haven't done it yet, but then again the way that the stock shock plate mounts on the axle it's definitely stetch fest. Nothing is set in stone yet....

Back