M Body 215-70r-15 GOODYEAR COP CAR tires - set of 4 - V E R Y C L E A N !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

odcics2

Reaction score
Contact seller
M Body 215-70r-15 GOODYEAR COP CAR tires - set of 4 - PHOTOS !

Hard to find Good Year Blue Streak Radials off a Dodge Diplomat, back in the day, stored ever since.
Most all original cop car tires were used and abused then tossed out. These are NICE originals.
Still have 'nubs' near the outsides. Asking $500. or BEST OFFER for the set.
I can ship from 48317. Photos tomorrow. PM please.

PHOTOS POSTED DOWN BELOW !

Last edited:

Bruceynz

Reaction score
Just out of interest are you aware tires have a shelf life and they have a date stamp on them? Just be careful with old tires, I got caught out once, had some new old tires, took them to the local tire dealer to trade in and they wouldn't touch them because they were past their used by date.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
There was a clip on the news a few years back where a family got 4 new tires fitted to their SUV and it rolled killing someone, the issue ended up being 3 tires were brand new and the 4th tire was bought in from another dealer, that tire was old stock and past its use by date and it was found it blew out causing the SUV to roll.

odcics2

Reaction score
Just out of interest are you aware tires have a shelf life and they have a date stamp on them? Just be careful with old tires, I got caught out once, had some new old tires, took them to the local tire dealer to trade in and they wouldn't touch them because they were past their used by date.

One would assume that anyone buying vintage tires would be putting them on for the car shows and not trying to crack the 200 mph barrier...

I can't see anyone buying this set and hauling them to a local tire dealer to trade in!

odcics2

Reaction score
There was a clip on the news a few years back where a family got 4 new tires fitted to their SUV and it rolled killing someone, the issue ended up being 3 tires were brand new and the 4th tire was bought in from another dealer, that tire was old stock and past its use by date and it was found it blew out causing the SUV to roll.

Was that the SUV rollover that was later found to have had a leaky aluminum wheel which was the root cause for one wheel having low inflation, leading to the accident??

Bruceynz

Reaction score
True, for show purposes they are fine, I am no expert on tires, if you read the article even the tire manufactures, car manufactures can't agree on the life of a tire :)

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
One would assume that anyone buying vintage tires would be putting them on for the car shows and not trying to crack the 200 mph barrier...

I can't see anyone buying this set and hauling them to a local tire dealer to trade in!

Exactly....and that's what I figured.
For a period correct look they're perfect and truly a more rare item but it is worth mentioning in case someone who doesn't know that tires....even brand new looking ones do indeed go bad.

For shows they'd be great as long as an unknowing buyer doesn't slap them on and go on a road trip.

Good luck with the sale.
If you have pics it always helps too.

odcics2

Reaction score
I read the article. Not bad, but the writer didn't know that date coding started in the 60s. I have put together a few sets of mint 1969 Good Year red lines in the past for show cars. Had all the date codes matching and a month before the car was built! :icon_super:

I'll get some pics up later today!

odcics2

Reaction score
Cleaned off the tires with a little dish soap and a brush. Nothing else...
Here's some photos...

tires 005.JPG

tires 006.JPG

tires 008.jpg

tires 009.JPG

alf44

Reaction score
i have a set of goodyear wingfoot H P tires in a 225-70-14 size. my local goodyear store told me they havent made wingfoot tires in over 20 years. well ive had many longer trips on these with NO problems at all

odcics2

Reaction score
Saw ONE ratty looking cop tire & wheel on ebay for 300.

I'd go 400. on all 4 of my tires. I'll ship the set of 4 anyplace in cont. US for 25 bucks a tire. :happy6:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back