Microsquirt EFI 318 Project

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
Yeah here it's tax on tax. And they are percentage txs not flat txs.And the federal tx goes on last. So a Penny increase before those two, ramps up the provincial another buncha percent, and then the federal ramps it up another bunch percents.And then they round it up to the next .9 cent. So that Penny turns into a dime;or so it seems.
You rarely see gas go up a cent or two; it's always by leaps and bounds. Then when the supply cost goes up, the bowser may go up a day or two early in anticipation of the increase. But if the supply goes down, the bowser price hangs high for a day or two.We the people, screwed by our own electeds. Sheesh. Man I can hardly wait for the Second Coming.I wanna see those thieves buuuuurn.

droptop

Reaction score
I am curious about hood clearance with the "beer barrel" magnum intake. What is your plan for air filtration?

mchartier105

Reaction score
I am curious about hood clearance with the "beer barrel" magnum intake. What is your plan for air filtration?
I'm curious too haha it looks like it should actually fit with the stock 4bbl air cleaner!! If not then I'll just be doing silicone piping or something of a sort to an airbox plumbed into the factory cold air intake.

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
Good candidate for hole-in-hood and one of those velocity stacks;naw maybe not.
Or an above-the-hood oval air cleaner like I did. Between the factory hood inserts on my 68 hood;naw, maybe not.
How 'bout the 6-pack scoop? It might look pretty good. I have a 1980 Volare. It kindof looks like an old Impala from the front. There's a lot of real-estate on that hood.A lot.It would need a lot of scoop

Last edited:

droptop

Reaction score
I'm curious too haha it looks like it should actually fit with the stock 4bbl air cleaner!! If not then I'll just be doing silicone piping or something of a sort to an airbox plumbed into the factory cold air intake.

The lowest profile air intake that I can think of that these beer barrel intakes came on is the first generation Durango, and the second generation Dakota. Good luck and keep us posted. Being a daily driver, I would try to keep it under the stock hood if at all possible.

72026643.jpg

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I hadn’t seen any measurements on the “beer barrel” manifolds.
The intake is taller, the throttle body is much shorter. All of them use a 90’ adapter (with filter on top of, but off-center with engine, or have the filter box off to the side somewhere).
I would guess using a “beer barrel” manifold, factory throttle body and 90’ adapter– would be approximately the same height as stock 4 bbl intake, carburetor and filter assembly.
The only issue is where to put the filter box (under the L/F fender – using the factory fresh air hole/adapter, maybe?).

I would place a $10 (US) bet that one would fit one under the hood of an FMJ without too many issues – not considering the air filter box.

It’s been a few decades sense been to Canada and even then I wasn’t involved in fuel purchase.
Did spend some time in Mexico in the late ‘80’s and fuel was sold in liters – which I had assumed it was in Canada, as well (you know how assumptions can be).
The last I heard US and Canadian money was not far same exchange rate – but not something I work with every day – no not exactly sure.
So assumed term gallons (US) was used and $ about the same – my mind wondered off from issue at hand, a bit.

Those folk down South of our border (that “Another Country”, referred to as Texas) do harp on everything being BIGGER down there.
They don’t mention anywhere about being better at anything (mumbles something incoherently about college football).
BudW

kkritsilas

Reaction score
The US has a much bigger economy, and it is far more diverse. The US dollar is in demand, not just in the US, but around the world, as it is the most common currency for international trade.

Justwondering

Reaction score
lol ...
My takeaway - your gallons are 25% larger, your money value is 26% less, the gas tank holds about the same volume, so we are all still standing there pumping gas pondering the same problems...
gas, money, and taxes.

Back