Mopar People

My imp

Reaction score
I showed up with my freshly restored chevy. I never got to get out of the car when 4 people came running up to the car. They crawled all over it. 2 said why did he show up the other 2 said we can beat him.No one talked to me the rest of the day. Sorry it is not just mopar people. Show up with a original vega or pinto or almost any rambler that is not a amx and see what happens. Lots of people need to make themselves feel better by knocking other people. Not just in cars but Where they work, what they do for a living, they rent instead of own a house, they live in the city not the country married vs single etc and where they were born.
How true, but it seems Mopes make it an art form. I like just about every kind of car out there. My problem is with the owners. Mopes are INCREDIBLY anal about ANY modification, or deviance from bone stock. Vette owners, well... Poor mans Porsche syndrome, Porsche owners.... I raced a Camaro yrs ago, & when I looked in my rear view, he was so far back I couldn't even tell what kind of car it was. When we got back to where everyone was hanging, he said unsolicited "Yeah, but at least I don't own no f*ckin' Dodge!". Really? Why, getting used to winning is too far beyond your scope & complexity? All the really cool kids won't come to your parties? What? Then again, grass always looks greener. We all know cool car owners, we all know dickhead car owners. On this site, we seem to strive to help one & another until someone threatens the sanctity of the site. And then boy can we pounce!!! Scottyv & the college educated custom road wheels girl felt the wrath! I, for my part would like to apologize for my jests against the (2) of them. Not my finest hour. A little friendly ribbing is ok amongst friends, however these (2) were new to the site & not used to our senses' of humor. I just don't want to become one of the dickhead car owners.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
How true, but it seems Mopes make it an art form. I like just about every kind of car out there. My problem is with the owners. Mopes are INCREDIBLY anal about ANY modification, or deviance from bone stock. Vette owners, well... Poor mans Porsche syndrome, Porsche owners.... I raced a Camaro yrs ago, & when I looked in my rear view, he was so far back I couldn't even tell what kind of car it was. When we got back to where everyone was hanging, he said unsolicited "Yeah, but at least I don't own no f*ckin' Dodge!". Really? Why, getting used to winning is too far beyond your scope & complexity? All the really cool kids won't come to your parties? What? Then again, grass always looks greener. We all know cool car owners, we all know dickhead car owners. On this site, we seem to strive to help one & another until someone threatens the sanctity of the site. And then boy can we pounce!!! Scottyv & the college educated custom road wheels girl felt the wrath! I, for my part would like to apologize for my jests against the (2) of them. Not my finest hour. A little friendly ribbing is ok amongst friends, however these (2) were new to the site & not used to our senses' of humor. I just don't want to become one of the dickhead car owners.

As far as the first part of your statement all I can say is
It takes all kinds.
The second part about pouncing.....
I've been here about as long as you I think and as you said....everybody helps each other out. That goes for new members as well....as long as you're not a dick. Our collage gal even being female 180'd into a dick when we politely disagreed with her price. Our second contestant showed his true colors and became insulting to us as F,M and J owners....
And even then all I said was....best laugh I've had all day....no insults.
But
As far as I'm concerned....you dish that attitude to me....let the pouncing begin. Kind of like sticking up for a buddy when somebody's bad mouthing him about something.
Play nice and I play nice.....become a douchebag and prepare to taste vinegar. Simple enough to me.

Last edited:

My imp

Reaction score
I agree 100 (I wish this damn thing had a percent key) percent. Edward G. Robinson said it best,"Dish it out, but you can't take it! Nyaa" A little friendly advice taken the wrong way, & out come the fangs! Like my Dad always says,"It takes all kinds to make the world go 'round!" We all make mistakes, it's how graciously you can accept that fact. Like you said, 180 into a dickhead & accept the consequences. But you have to admit, it can be entertaining!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The gal who went to collage was indeed some great entertainment value.
And if you remember....she blew a valve and stayed hurling the insults.
THAT'S when the gloves come off.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
snottyv

scotty midnite.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Now here's an eye opening kick in the teeth.....
The collage gal......thought I'd heard her name recently.
Turns out she's on another forum I frequent.
And you know what?...she seems like a nice gal and she is indeed restoring her car.
Now the thing is...we disagreed with her price and she started calling us names.
We in turn returned the favor by razzing her.
So what does this tell me?
Nobody's perfect and people say things that maybe they don't mean.
She shouldn't have pulled out the guns and maybe someday she'll come back...
Who knows.
Although I do have smartass tendencies sometimes
I do try to keep my comments tame now....I try anyway
That's why when Scotty boy was hurling insults all I said was
Best laugh I've had all day.
I don't know the right answer to this story but as a general rule I try to keep tame.
But my policy does remain.
Insult....and the gloves are off.
But it will be an escalation....not an instant brawl.

alfatar

Reaction score
Now here's an eye opening kick in the teeth.....
The collage gal......thought I'd heard her name recently.
Turns out she's on another forum I frequent.
And you know what?...she seems like a nice gal and she is indeed restoring her car.
Now the thing is...we disagreed with her price and she started calling us names.
We in turn returned the favor by razzing her.
So what does this tell me?
Nobody's perfect and people say things that maybe they don't mean.
She shouldn't have pulled out the guns and maybe someday she'll come back...
Who knows.
Although I do have smartass tendencies sometimes
I do try to keep my comments tame now....I try anyway
That's why when Scotty boy was hurling insults all I said was
Best laugh I've had all day.
I don't know the right answer to this story but as a general rule I try to keep tame.
But my policy does remain.
Insult....and the gloves are off.
But it will be an escalation....not an instant brawl.

It tells me people cannot take a joke any more. People get their panties in a wad over nothing. I hate what the world is turning out to be. Working with the public I tell you people suck

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
It tells me people cannot take a joke any more. People get their panties in a wad over nothing. I hate what the world is turning out to be. Working with the public I tell you people suck

Unfortunately I have to agree to a large extent. If anything the population as a whole seems to suffer from two things. Self importance and stupidity. Not a good combination. And both seem to be escalating daily if not hourly.
My circle of people I bother with continuously shrinks.

My imp

Reaction score
Formerly working for the 3rd largest school system in Ohio, I was privy to the new generation coming up. You nailed it! Stupidity, arrogance, self importance doesn't begin to cover it. The need for immediate gratification & HOW DARE YOU disagree with them. And with what these kids aren't being taught could fill volumes! Political correctness is ruining this world! No one says what they mean for fear of reprisal. I was always the class clown smart ass. I was told by my friends that it has gotten so bad at work, that if I ever was able to go back to work (disability), I wouldn't last a week! Anyone listening in on a conversation that they are no part of, even if they were to come back into the "Mechanics Only" break room & overhear you saying something they consider offensive, Parma's "Zero Tolerance" would get you fired! The kids can ( and do) say or do anything they want, without fear of reprisal. After all their parents are voters, & you don't want to piss them off, they might not pass a levy! That's what we have, & are raising to be the future leaders of this world!

alf44

Reaction score
well im starting my oldest grandson off right, he is 5 and i was working under the front bumper on my homemade spoiler and took a break, i few minutes later we saw him lay down on the cardboard. grab the wrenches and go to town, " fixing papa's car ", he looked at the tools, then he even picked up the right size wrench-1/2, and procedded to tighten the bolts, we all thought .. wow. he has no idea that when he is old enough he will get my volare as long as it still lives. i learned to enjoy cars from my dad working on his and think thats the best way for younger ones to learn and enjoy all makes of cars

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
well im starting my oldest grandson off right, he is 5 and i was working under the front bumper on my homemade spoiler and took a break, i few minutes later we saw him lay down on the cardboard. grab the wrenches and go to town, " fixing papa's car ", he looked at the tools, then he even picked up the right size wrench-1/2, and procedded to tighten the bolts, we all thought .. wow. he has no idea that when he is old enough he will get my volare as long as it still lives. i learned to enjoy cars from my dad working on his and think thats the best way for younger ones to learn and enjoy all makes of cars

Now THAT'S amazing to hear.
Great to hear he's taking an interest in "Papa's car"
And the helpful kind of interest.
Seems to be two camps of kids.break it or fix it.
Sounds like you might have a future car nut on your hands.
Keep up the good work Sir.

My imp

Reaction score
3 camps, let somebody else do it! These kids of today are spooky amazing! I used to brag on both of my kids, but neither of them can hold a candle to my G-daughter! I haven't gotten her working on cars yet, but her dad has! He sent me pictures of her (2yrs old) "helping Daddy" put heated seats in his Cobalt.

Back