FOUND Mopar snowflake wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub03

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi y'all.

I've been looking for a nice set of Snowflake wheels (part# 4126694) for five or six months now. The online stores I know of usually have one or two in stock.

Wheels, tires & more offered 3 wheels on eBay a while back, but now they only have one.

Arizonaparts.com have a set of used ones, but without pictures I think it is a gamble to ship them halfway around the world (pluss taxes)...

So if anyone here has a decent set they wanna sell, or if anyone could point me towards a store that may have them, I would really appreciate it. Would love to have the wheels ready for the Aspen when it's time to bring it out of winter storage and back to life.

1250used.jpg

Edit: uploaded picture.

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Why not ask for pics, although I cant speak for Martin, hes always been good with part pics if he knows your serious about possibly buying..... however I could be incorrect.

Sub03

Reaction score
This is copy/paste from his website:

I DO NOT have/provide pictures in my online catalog. I know pictures are nice. Everyone has a camera. So do I !!! I can take really good pictures like a professional. I know how to take close-ups and far away stuff too! My camera is brand new technology. It does not use film!!! It is digital and has a whopping 2.35 megapixels. We all like cute pictures of kittens being juggled by drunks on the edge of a roof, rats being bludgeoned with baseball bats, cicadas being fiendishly devoured in droves by hungry birds after spending 17 years in the ground, or pictures of my dearly departed 95 year old grandmother swimming naked in the ocean just before being eaten by a rogue sperm whale wearing dentures.. Whenever I get the request "can I see the part" my answer is absolutely 100%, "YES YOU CAN !" ... simply look for one online or take one yourself when you get it in the box I send you. Hey, maybe you can send me a selfie of you holding your part so I can make a scrapbook and fondly recall that NOS part I so very much enjoyed selling to you!

Although this gave me a good laugh, it kind of scared me from asking for pictures....

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a set of 4 unused snowflake wheels (with caps) in my possession, but wasn't planning on selling them.

They have been exposed to weather for last 30+ years. If my memory is correct, I would rate them as a 6/7 (of 10). Also, I would think freight from Oklahoma (USA) to Norway might cost a lot.

If you still can't find anything, send me a PM with an offer and I'll see if I might part with them. I purchased them for my '86 Fifth Ave a few years back – but hadn't put 'em on, yet. I'd rather have a set of 10 Spoke wheels (with caps/domes) – but those seam to be harder to find.

I do see them for sale from time to time – but hadn't in last couple of years (but not been looking, either).
BudW

Sub03

Reaction score
Thanks Bud, I'll keep that in mind.

Actually I need them shipped to Delaware (19713). I use a sea freight company from there to Norway to keep the costs down. Probably not cheap shipping them from Oklahoma to Delaware either I guess.

DCAspen

Reaction score
Go over to Dippy.org, [M-body site]You might get lucky over there.

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
IDK anything about snowflake wheels except to say that there are several different kinds. And most of them appear to be Pontiac or other GMs
So pics and descriptions might be pretty important before you put your money down...
I mean not as concerned about Bud cuz I'm sure he knows what yur after.

Last edited:

Sub03

Reaction score
IDK anything about snowflake wheels except to say that there are several different kinds. And most of them appear to be Pontiac or other GMs
So pics and descriptions might be pretty important before you put your money down...
I mean not as concerned about Bud cuz I'm sure he knows what yur after.

Thats the ones in Buds post. Thank you.
I wrote Mopar snowflake wheels in the heading and the part# in the text, but I see I could have added a picture in the OP. Edited and fixed it now...

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Pictures are helpful but there's only one snowflake rim when it comes to these cars. More commonly known as imperial rims or 5th avenue aluminum rims.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
There is only one 15" Mopar snowflake wheel - but there might be a couple different style caps for them, though.
For a couple of years, Fifth Ave's were also available with the 10-spoke or 5on5-spoke aluminum wheels - but a huge majority of Fifth Ave's came with snowflakes (or various hubcap styles).

I "believe" there is also a 14" Mopar snowflake wheel (4 and/or 5 lug) for the front wheel drive cars (which will not fit FMJ's).
BudW

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Early 5th avenues had the Mirada style 10 spokes as an option. The snowflake rims were most common on the two tone cars.
There's at least 3 styles of center caps- clear that say imperial in the plastic, red with plastic over it and most common is silver with no plastic. The caps are all the same its the non removable center part that was different.
The fwd had a 14" snowflake hubcap that looked the same. I don't know if it came as a rim too.

A5851957-5884-4E64-A267-7D21747EC559.jpeg

CHRYSLER-LeBaron-2138_2.jpeg

marty mopar

Reaction score
I'll see if I can get some pics of the wheels for you but for the 1st time in 6 months it is raining here

do you need the center caps for them?

4126 694 4 Y WHEEL 15-7.0 Cast Aluminum
CONSISTS of:
X259 VRR 4 CAP, Red
X259 VDD 4 CAP, Clear
6031 535 20 NUT, Cap
X258 VRR 4 MEDALLION, Red
X258 VDD 4 MEDALLION, Clear

DSCN5692.JPG

DSCN5693.JPG

DSCN5695.JPG

DSCN5696.JPG

DSCN5697.JPG

DSCN5698.JPG

marty mopar

Reaction score
got the Imperial center caps also for these

NOS !!!

I cheated and used a hose as it might be years before the sprinkle here turns to real rain

Last edited:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Dang, them look like good serviceable rims there. Uglier then my sister imo but really nice shape.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
The plus about living in an area without winter and road salt. Then there's here...

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Oddly the rims ive on my hellcat and dart are considered snowflake rims.

Badass rims, not cute but real snowflakes are heaven like.

Google snowflake rims or snowflakes for that matter.

DSC01539.JPG

kkritsilas

Reaction score
The Imperial/5th Ave snowflake rims actually are very good looking rims, when they are in good shape. After all of this time, in many cases, the clear coat on the surface edges has cracked somewhere along the way, and dirt has gotten inside the cracks, and the rims look bad. The clear coat and the underlying thin layer of chrome or chrome like coating can be sanded off, exposing the aluminum. The aluminum can then be polished out to a really good shine, and the rims look stunning. They can then be clear coated again.

Funny thing is, the dark gray paint never seems to chip, or get dirty, for some reason, just the surface edge clear coat. That dark gray background is great for highlighting the surface edges, so leave it alone unless there is a real reason to sand it.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I do like how they look on the pic above on the red car with what looks like the centers blacked out. I could be happy with them but too classy to put on a F body, even a 4 door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back