MOVIE SET

78VOLAREWAG

Reaction score
SOMEWHERE IN PITTSBURGH

IMG_20180928_104812470_HDR.jpg

old yellow 78

Reaction score
That's a beautiful wagon. I love the light green color. The grille looks perfect. All the other vehicles are from the 70's/80's also.

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
It bugs me when they cast movie cars, even for background, that are all wrong.
A movie that's set in 1965 can certainly have a 57 Chevy in it, but one that looks freshly restored and wearing Foose wheels stands out like crazy.

I also watch to see how often the same cars show up in different locations.

Yeah, I'm kind of hard to please. Don't even get me started on stupid gun stuff in movies and TV...

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
It bugs me when they cast movie cars, even for background, that are all wrong.
I agree there.

I can understand why the glass is “super clean” on a car with video / pictures taken within (which makes sense). That said, you see a street scene where a car drives by, and you can tell the car was just detailed – not a spec of dust on the car and you know the car is distracting from the characters or the story.
In real life, most cars are not all “freshly detailed”.

Another thing, even today, you drive around a neighborhood and most cars are in the 3 to 15-year-old range (my opinion, only – not actually measured) with a few newer or older. I have seen some period shows and every car is like 1957 (or there abouts).
It looks more like the movie went to a time period car show and the movie was a sub-plot (or however its worded).

I can understand cars that are needed for inside shots, but at least let the other 90% of vehicles shown have some road dirt, dust, bird bombs, etc., on them.
I also watch to see how often the same cars show up in different locations.
I think the first, or second, Dukes of Hazzard TV episodes, there is a picture of the General Lee going around the town center with cops behind. The camera sits motionless for about 2-3 seconds, after cars departed, before going to next camera location. During that camera shot, you can see another General Lee car (spare?) parked, plain as day (someone goofed . . .).
BudW

shadango

Reaction score
LOL....I just bought Smokey and the Bandit on BD and we watched it last night. LOVE THE MOVIE!!! But the ability to see it on a large HD screen and pause the action allowed me to pick out all sorts of gaffs. I am a video production guy by trade so its a pet peeve for me..LOL......fun finding those continuity issues!

Back