My 76 Volare RR

76SassyGrassVolare

Reaction score
Got the exhaust system and the fuel system mounted today ... a lot of progress today . Won’t be long firing this thing up . Saturday I Refinished the fuel tank that AJ sent me , thanks for helping me & my project out AJ ! Photos to follow

76SassyGrassVolare

Reaction score
RESURRECTED! The car is alive , got the 318 fired up , filled it with oil and coolant ...first crack I had the distributor in 180 out lol , I knew immediately , then she fired up after a 10 year slumber in the corner of the garage ! I am so happy to hear the car running , been a long time coming ! Still have to set the timing and adjust the carb , it’s a 625cfm AFB , this entire engine and set up is temporary but exciting none the less

76SassyGrassVolare

Reaction score
Working away slowly but surely. Set timing and carb, sounding better now. installed seat belts, interior panels , door panels, pass side mirror, driver side lock, shouldn't be too long before I can take er for a rip...

76SassyGrassVolare

Reaction score
Got the wheels/tires put on, had to get the diameter of the hubs of the rotors turned down they wouldn't fit in the aftermarket Magnum style wheels I bought, they took about 3-4mm off the hubs to be 67mm. Pic after being machined compared to a normal F body rotor

image1 (4).jpeg

image2 (3).jpeg

76SassyGrassVolare

Reaction score
I could not get logged in on here but I just did , I am still working on the Volare RR , my new mission is to remove the 318 and install a 360 I just bought last weekend thanks to a little tip from the former owner ! I will update any progress

daychris12

Reaction score
By chance do you have a photo of your transmission tunnel looks like from inside the car? I'm changing my 79 RR from auto to manual

Back