My imp imperial drawing

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Posting this for My Imp. This is his rendering idea for his Imperial. So without further ahh oo?.....do

larry imp.jpg

My imp

Reaction score
Thanks Troy!
That's the Imp done just the way "The Lar" likes it! All the mod.'s I've been talking about are on this sketch. The T-tops, scoop, spoiler, side pipes, & the Mirada fender louvers. My computer shook a tit & the only thing I really need it for is to post pic.'s. I'll pass. Just about everything I need to do, I can do on my iPad. If I can figure out how to copy this thing, I plan on coloring it in with the colors I plan on using. I drew it on extra large paper, so it doesn't fit on my scanner that doesn't work anyhow. Hope you like it.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
awesome!
sure wish I had your drawing skills, I'd have all my vehicles rendered out by now

kkritsilas

Reaction score
The ability to draw and render realistically is an amazing talent to me. Looks like My Imp has the talent. Reminds me of some of the drawings that Chip Foose does prior to the building of a car on Overhauling. While his ideas are good, if not exactly the way I would have chosen to do them, his ability to get them down on paper to the extent that he can have the rest of the crew build the cars is amazing. My Imp seems to come close.

Kostas

My imp

Reaction score
Why thank you sir! That's what makes this hobby what it is, everyone has there own way of individualize their ride. I'd really like a vert, but the Imp's 1/4 panels don't look right as a vert. I've said how I'd rather do a 'Doba or Mirada with an Imperial nose (see it really is a 'Doba with a rubber nose!), deck lid, bumper, etc. maybe I'll draw that next. Too bad I made it too big to fit on my scanner, I could just modify the My Imp drawing! I'll finger something out, I usually do! Happy New Year to all again!

kkritsilas

Reaction score
There used to be a picture of a Mirada prototype (that later went on to be listed on eBay) of a Mirada with hidden headlights. Car was silver in color, if I remember correctly. The change was quite striking. Being a prototype, it proabably had a ton of special one-off parts, but I always thought that it would have been possible to make up some manually removable headlight covers that would give that sort of appearance. It would be a lot easier than trying to engineer a whole electric door mechanism.

While hidden headlights for the Mirada would seem to be similar to what the Imperial has, the effect is quite different due to the different grilles. The Mirada seems to get a lot closer to the Magnum XE/GT that it replaced than the original appearance.

Kostas

My imp

Reaction score
I remember that, it had a real skinny grille. Similar to the Imp, but less than a foot wide. Wasn't it also a t top? I won't have to engineer anything. The Imperial headlight assy. is self contained in the front end. All plastic fantastic. Great care must be used when doing anything to those lights. On one of my trips, a gravel truck was kind enough to empty its bowels on the front of my car. A couple stones really nailed the grille, one hit the pass. side headlight with such force that it permanently hangs cock eyed. The gravel was almost the size of a golf ball. By the time you try to take that stuff to court, you're better better off biting the bullet & fixing it yourself. The prevailing attitude is if you're looking for sympathy; look between shit & syphilis in the dictionary. You'll find it! The only real hassle will be fabbing up a rear bumper mount & deck lid from the existing Doba/Imp. The 1/4 extensions will have to be made of glass to blend into completely new rear end. Everything I need for the front I should be able to get from the donor Imperial, but the back will be a little more challenging. I think the result would be satisfactory. That would also be easy to two tone. Pearl white/indiglo blue w/blue cow interior! I'm getting a New Years chubby! Imp wheels, 17"/18", if I can find someone to risk reproducing a Chrysler product (even though they never made it, never will in those sizes) for fear of having their arse sued off! If they're consistent with anything, it's that! Oh yeah, & buying POS car companies that they have no business buying, Rootes group? Lamborghini? WTF?

My imp

Reaction score
Not the one I was talking about. This ones cool. The one I'm talking about I believe was based on a Magnum/Cordoba. I think it might've been a LeBaron prototype? This one used a lot of the styling cues I want to use on My Imp. I've never measured the difference in length between an Imp & a Doba from the rear wheel centerline back. I know the nose is over a ft, maybe Dobas have longer flanks to compensate for the nose than the "bustle back" look.

My imp

Reaction score
That's a very doable project. Fifth Ave. fender louvers could be modified, or perhaps turned sideways? I've seen other (Mobydoba) with the 1/4 glass filled in. I personally like the look, but it's a polarizing mod. You love it or hate it. Not many fence riders within the Mopar brethren & sisterhood. Are there any female members out there , other than the custom wheeled one we scared off before? Don't find many women into Mopes hardcore. I'm sure they're out there, I just haven't met them.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
there was a Mirada with a imp nose on it awhile back, ill have to see if I can dig up the pics

My imp

Reaction score
That's a modified Mirada nose. But it's cool looking. A very easy project to do. It really let's me see what the Imp would look like with the T Tops. I like it, I like it a lot! It's a go!

72Dodge

Reaction score
Good looking car! (The drawing). Love it!

I can barely draw a stick figure. Great talent on the drawing also.

Bryan M.

Reaction score
The only other possible car you might be thinking of is the Turbine LeBaron.
77turbine.jpg

77turbine.jpg

Bryan M.

Reaction score
Posting this for My Imp. This is his rendering idea for his Imperial. So without further ahh oo?.....do

This is giving me ideas. I love the idea of a lip spoiler and t-tops. The Mirada louvers and side pipes aren't for me. I'm picturing, if any scoop, the Hemi/Six-Pak style mailbox, though I'm leaning toward none, especially after I got the opportunity to mock up a '73 Dart Sport twin-nostril piece today. I've been getting color ideas lately, found a really cool one in, of all places, a Kia dealership: Smoky Blue (B3U)

ABTL_2014-Kia-Cadenza-Rear-Quarter.jpg

ABTL_2014-Kia-Cadenza-Rear-Quarter.jpg

My imp

Reaction score
Yes, it was the Turbine that I was thinking of. Built from a late '70's Magnum. There are so many cool colors out there now. The Diamond White I'm painting the main body of the Imp is an '04 GM color. It's a white base coat with a HEAVY dose of Sherwin Williams PT16 Gold pearl. After that a liberal coating of clear coat. Then comes everyones favorite; the scuff & buff! I hope that the back holds out while I work! The brown I chose is Summits version of our paint. I need to mix some pearl into it & shoot test patterns until I find what I like

Back