IMG_1286.jpg
IMG_1285.jpg
IMG_1291.jpg
IMG_1290.jpg
IMG_1289.jpg
IMG_1284.jpg

Milezero

Reaction score
Absolutely LOVING the car! 2 fender tags of options, and I did manage to find the Production Broadcast yesterday! It's beautiful, and just needs a little TLC. To that end, I would greatly appreciate some advice on locating the following parts:
Fixed mast AM/FM/CB Antenna
Window and T-Top seals.
The car has a few curiosities. It appears to have a dealer installed CB radio in it. The factory AM/FM/8-Track is intact, and there's a Motorola Mic with controls on it hanging from the tuning knob. Has anyone ever seen this prior?
Also got with the car the original color matched 79 Rally Wheels. Nice little bonus!

DCAspen

Reaction score
Beautiful Lebaron,Thats like buying a brand new car.

LSM360

Reaction score
Freakin BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE those! That's a great color combo.

All I can suggest for antenna is ebay "NOS Mopar antenna" and you'll probably find one eventually but as far as price....

69-

Reaction score
WOW! I'm just completely flashed. What a nice car - especially with the T-Top.

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
Not sure I can add anything else the others have said already...but man, that's one nice looking ride!

I agree with LSM360's advice, look around, eBay will have something eventually and if you're in no rush, well, decent price can be spotted.

Are you looking for just the solid antenna piece, the mast? Hmm, I wonder if I have something...let me look around...the one I have on my coupe right now is an aftermarket one that's actually shorter and appeared to be stiffer than the factory piece...but then again, it's been a few years since I tossed it on, so it could be just my memory going "funny"...LOL!

Nice ride...enjoy!

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Absolutely LOVING the car!
There's a lot there to love. That is one clean beauty! What a find!
It appears to have a dealer installed CB radio in it. The factory AM/FM/8-Track is intact, and there's a Motorola Mic with controls on it hanging from the tuning knob. Has anyone ever seen this prior?
The Chrysler factory AM/FM/CB looks like this one below. The first year for it was '78 I believe, and for only that first year, Chrysler had the power retracting transceiver antenna. In '79 and later years, it was a fixed transceiver antenna (picture below). There was no single unit that combined the CB and 8 track player, so if the original buyer wanted both, the dealer (or the buyer) would have had to mount a separate CB unit. Is the CB unit that you have a Chrysler unit? The Motorola mic makes me suspect that it is not a Chrysler unit even if it was installed by the dealer. The Chrysler mic on the AM/FM/CB units hung on a black plastic hook that pushed into the hole used for the phillips screw on the dash to the right of the center A/C vent and heater controls (pic below).
amfmcb1.jpg

amfmcb12.jpg

amfmcb11.jpg

amfmcb9.jpg

$_58.jpg

$_581.jpg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Looks great! Those are the same rims I have on one of mine that came off my 79 Caravelle.

There is no screw on m bodies there, it looks like they want you to make a hole to hold that bracket.

I've been wanting to get an am/FM/cb setup for ages for my truck.

Last edited:

Ele115

Reaction score
The Motorola one was one of the nicer of the CB's of that handheld style back then. They were very popular, especially with people who traveled a lot. They were pretty nice compared to the others that were on the market at the time.

Milezero

Reaction score
WOW! I'm just completely flashed. What a nice car - especially with the T-Top.
Thanks Man. I love it. Right now it's a sunshine only car. I washed it day 2, and the T-Tops leak to the point of flooding the Leather seats. So NOT cool!

Milezero

Reaction score
Not sure I can add anything else the others have said already...but man, that's one nice looking ride!

I agree with LSM360's advice, look around, eBay will have something eventually and if you're in no rush, well, decent price can be spotted.

Are you looking for just the solid antenna piece, the mast? Hmm, I wonder if I have something...let me look around...the one I have on my coupe right now is an aftermarket one that's actually shorter and appeared to be stiffer than the factory piece...but then again, it's been a few years since I tossed it on, so it could be just my memory going "funny"...LOL!

Nice ride...enjoy!
Dude, I LOVE your coupe! 80-82 was such a sharp looking 2 door!

Milezero

Reaction score
There's a lot there to love. That is one clean beauty! What a find!

The Chrysler factory AM/FM/CB looks like this one below. The first year for it was '78 I believe, and for only that first year, Chrysler had the power retracting transceiver antenna. In '79 and later years, it was a fixed transceiver antenna (picture below). There was no single unit that combined the CB and 8 track player, so if the original buyer wanted both, the dealer (or the buyer) would have had to mount a separate CB unit. Is the CB unit that you have a Chrysler unit? The Motorola mic makes me suspect that it is not a Chrysler unit even if it was installed by the dealer. The Chrysler mic on the AM/FM/CB units hung on a black plastic hook that pushed into the hole used for the phillips screw on the dash to the right of the center A/C vent and heater controls (pic below).
View attachment 43782

View attachment 43781

View attachment 43783

View attachment 43784

View attachment 43785

View attachment 43789
The CB is definitely aftermarket. It's a Motorola unit. My Father put the same unit in the Bradley GT we built when I was 11. In digging through the paperwork I got with the car, the purchase date was after purchase, but prior to delivery, which makes me believe the buyer arranged to have it installed by the dealer. Whats left of the Antenna is definitely NOT a factory fixed antenna, as it has the 2 claws" that bite under the fender.

Back