My next project.

Joe12459

Reaction score
I took tomorrow off, so my goal is to get some measurements done. I'd love to start with a Viper drivetrain, but my budget is basically non existent after the last build, so the truck V10 will have to do. As much as I'm not into GM, it will probably end up with a 4L85E behind it, just to make it a little easier, as the truck is 4wd and in need of a rebuild anyway.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Hey, nothing wrong with using what works even if it's from another make. The 4L85E is pretty much indestructible.
Being a bleed Mopar blue guy, I can still admit to having some Ford, a little VW and Audi, a GM style ignition module (DUI "Tri-Power" setup) and some of the hose and wire clips are actually Kia (shhhh, don't tell anyone!). Don't get me wrong, it's 98% pure Mopar though!

slant6billy

Reaction score
Hey, nothing wrong with using what works even if it's from another make. The 4L85E is pretty much indestructible.
Being a bleed Mopar blue guy, I can still admit to having some Ford, a little VW and Audi, a GM style ignition module (DUI "Tri-Power" setup) and some of the hose and wire clips are actually Kia (shhhh, don't tell anyone!). Don't get me wrong, it's 98% pure Mopar though!

What ever you can get your hands on and what ever works. I was at the 4 H fairgrounds today for an over priced carshow. There was a kid with a 96 F150 lowered cleaned and running a stock 300 inline 6. He had a 460 waiting to go in and going with a 4L80 E for it. Also wanted to respindle it to 5 by 4.5 lug pattern to get skinnies on the front. I talked with him for about 20 minutes with some money saving ideas for him to get his final financial result. I tried to sell him on the idea of using a 460 harness out of a 1 ton pickup. He really wanted to carb the project and I really can't convince folks to play with OBD2 especially when they don't have a choice. But that is the fun part of a project- putting the puzzle together that was just at one time pieces. Definitely, hot rodding, but always fun!

moreada

Reaction score
I saw a nice Shelby Daytona for about $4k locally that looked like it would have been an interesting conversation starter... it got Carrol Shelby out of retirement from what I have read. Pretty cool.

My gears are spinning as I am currently working on my car, and can't help but want to finish this and move onto the car Grandpa had before this, and gave to my dad. Plymouth Satellite Sebring - a model replaced by the Cordoba. His was gold and by the time I remembered it, we affectionately called it "The Clunker". Though many families may have had a clunker, we had a gold Satellite Sebring that would bring my mom to tears everytime Dad took the import to work.

The 70's Mopar cars are drop dead sexy and feel like they're going to be desired more in the future as all of the 60's cars are bought up and hoarded away.

Back