New parts car, or maybe another project car.

Joe12459

Reaction score
My new parts Mirada CMX. 66000 miles on 318 drivetrain. Floors and frame rails are very rusty, so I don't think it will end up being saved, unless I can find a cheap set of frame rails and maybe floor pans. Or I can always builds a 9 second chassis car.
parts mirada1.jpg
partsmirada2.jpg
partsmirada3.jpg
partsmirada4.jpg
partsmirada5.jpg

parts mirada1.jpg

partsmirada2.jpg

partsmirada3.jpg

partsmirada4.jpg

partsmirada5.jpg

Darth-Car

Reaction score
Interior is good, and there are plenty of very good looking, usable parts on the rest of the car. You got a deal!

Joe12459

Reaction score
Yup, I know. I bought it for spare parts for the other two, but I still can't bring myself to trash it, if it could be saved.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
i got a nos washer fluid bottle for one of these i think ,bought it hastily ..thought it was f-body and didnt realize it had a second hole in the top of it ,,was told its for a sensor or something ,looks just like the one in the car pictured here ,,will still work on my car no problem but not oem

Joe12459

Reaction score
Yup, the windshield is clean, as is all of the glass. That was one of the big reasons I bought it. Now I have two spare windshields, and one spare complete set of glass.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Sort of how I came to own 3 Jbodies. I bought the original Blue 1982 Base Mirada, but it had a cracked windshield. So I bought a 1980 Cordoba (same windshield), but after I dragged it home, turns out the Cordoba was in a lot better shape, had the 318-4BBL, and had an intact windshield; also turns out to be a Cordoba Crown coupe. Got the 1981 CMX for the same reason, also turned out to be a better car, with an almost mint interior. Blue car will now be the parts car. They all run, and the Cordoba has a rebuilt front end, so that one will get onto the road first.

Last edited:

Joe12459

Reaction score
Hmmmm. I've discovered that the AWD Dodge Journey wheelbase, length and width, is within one inch of the Mirada's. I wonder how my parts car would look on a Journey frame. If I can find a wrecked Journey, I think this has the makings of a great project.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Hmmmm. I've discovered that the AWD Dodge Journey wheelbase, length and width, is within one inch of the Mirada's. I wonder how my parts car would look on a Journey frame. If I can find a wrecked Journey, I think this has the makings of a great project.

Now that's a new one.

9secRR

Reaction score
9 second car.............you could run low 9's (9.20's) if you bought my engine. 8.70's if you would spray it!

Joe12459

Reaction score
Do you have a spare chassis, too? LOL. I'm thinking I might go with the Mirada/Journey build, but I'm not totally decided yet.

Back