New to the F body cars.

crackedback

Reaction score
Went and got an F body car. So figured I'd sign up over here as well as the other site.

78 Aspen 6 (Small).jpg

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Nice looking car, more pics when you get time.

Welcome to the site too.

crackedback

Reaction score
Welcome, nice ride! More spec.'s, pic.'s, please!

78 Aspen R/T, now has a pretty stout 1970 340, 727 w/ 3000 stall Hughes converter. It came with the original 360 that had a knock when pulled.

Got the idle tune up closer. Waiting on edelbrock step up springs because the 508 cam doesn't make a lot of vacuum. Not a big ede carb fan, gonna make this one work.

It's got a weiand stealth intake, mopar 508 hyd cam, 800 thunder carb, 70 A body HiPo exhaust manifolds, Harland Sharp rockers, titanium retainers seems to be a pretty solid build. It runs pretty strong for only having 3/4 throttle, kickdown linkage is limiting it and needs adjustment.

Original paint, interior is in good shape except the dashpad. The Lt front fender got bent. Looks like the spoiler took a hit on a parking block or curb, folding the spoiler under and tweaking the fender. The paint is spidered and cracked where the bend occurred. Has some scratches and ding on drivers side from kids, etc. Pass side is nice. Has the usual rust by rear tail lights/corners, behind the doors at 1/4 rocker seam and behind rear wheels. The floor pans are great and the cowl doesn't appear to be rotted.

The grille is broken in a bunch of spots and needs some attention.

I'm happy with it and will fix the original engine to reinstall. Use the 340 in something else later. For now I plan to drive it a bit.

78Aspen5.jpg

78Aspen4.jpg

78Aspen3.jpg

78Aspen2.jpg

78aspen1.jpg

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
hell i'd leave that engine in it, lower it down, but some grippy tires on it and have some fun

My imp

Reaction score
If you ever decide to go floor shift, I've got a floor shift steering column available (pm me), but as it came out of a std. shift car, I have no gearshift interlock.

72Dodge

Reaction score
Love it! It has the same groove goin' on that my '76 R/T did, except in much better condition.

My imp

Reaction score
Looks exactly like the one that a die hard Chevy guy bought after my '66 Coronet handed his nitrous equipped '71 Nova (WELL past being on its last leg!) it's ass! Had ripped on Mopars for years, but bought one just like yours!

Back