Newer hemi

HectorVenezula

Reaction score
I see people at car shows sticking new Corvette motors in everything. How about the new Hemi motors? They have them at summit (cheaper than a 408) but I don't know what it would take to put on of these in a fifth Avenue.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I've heard that the wiring and software will cost you about 10k.
Maybe that's for the Hellcat crate?

Joe12459

Reaction score
It's a lot more cost effective if you get a whole donor car. The base crate 5.7 plus controller will run you about 10K. Then you still need a transmission, etc. I bought my donor car for $5000.00, and used the 5.7 Hemi and NAG1 trans, with a Hotwire harness that cost around $1500.00 with the programming. I used an AlterKtion front suspension, which required very little fab work to get the engine/trans in, but it shouldn't be too hard to put in a stock K frame. A Gen 3 Hemi in a Fifth would be a sweet ride!

Opticon77

Reaction score
^ THAT.

But it's still well over three times the price of a yard Chevy Vortec motor and all its bits. Don't think you're getting off cheap.

80mirada

Reaction score
Gen 3 bolts to LA series transmission bellhousing, there is a special flexplate for automatic and a couple of different flywheels for manual. Hooker headers and TTI make headers, Milodon makes an oil pan. Schumacher makes spool mounts for late A-bodies that would work. There are a number of different controllers available, AEM, Mopar, Holley, and a Megasquirt (both a kit and a premade one)

Back