Nice base '78 Volare wagon

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Here is a nicely preserved, low mileage base Volare wagon for sale on EB. It's got the standard Super Six, automatic, and A/C which is nice. Very clean. Not easy to find any of these any more.
1978 Plymouth Duster VOLARE 1-OWNER 225 SLANT 6CYL SUPER SOLID ORIGINAL WAGON | eBay

38.jpg

39.jpg

42.jpg

51.jpg

74.jpg

10.jpg

01.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

12.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

20.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

30.jpg

35.jpg

86.jpg

87.jpg

91.jpg

Opticon77

Reaction score
Looks like it was hit on the front driver side corner same as mine. Lenses and headlight buckets are clearer on that side. The front fender and 1/4 of the hood look a touch newer and the driver door is darker. You could probably bring back the rest of the paint to match well enough though.

What worries me is the top of the rad support looking a little tweaked.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
I noticed the drivers door looking a shade darker than the surrounding panels, but wasn't sure if it might just be reflection from the white concrete. However, it does look like the spaces between the headlight buckets and the fenders/hood are not evenly spaced at all. This is noted too in some of the pics online that I didn't upload. Regardless, I'd rather deal with a tweeked front end than rust anyday.
Ohlicow that's a lotta,lotta red.
Yep, it sure is. I'm generally not really fond of red, but on this wagon I like the exterior color. It is somewhat unusual I think. The red interior I could do without, but it's ok. Not sure what other color would have been available with the red exterior. The butterscotch tan maybe, but I don't think that would have looked better.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Driver's side headlamp door and park lamp fit goofy also....

Trey

Reaction score
That's a clean old wagon. Why do folks always toss the battery box? The only thing I'd do to it is swap out the wheels and tires and drive it.

Back