One Down....More To Come.....?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
So...you wanna be a badass racecar driver and Chrysler has just released the 707 horsepower Challenger Hellcat.....ROCK AND ROLL!! Plop down the coin and you're in the game!!

Only one slight question to consider....
Are you good enough behind the wheel to deal with that kind of power? Hmmmm.....there's dings all over your Taurus from being an idiot driver but naaaahhh....it'll be fine.

Maybe not......
Here's a guy who plunked down the coin for this.....

hellcat-carnage-this-one-left-the-lot-an-hour-later-it-is-totaled.jpg

And ONE HOUR LATER wound up with this.....

_9.jpg

BRAVO!!

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/hellcat-carnage-this-one-left-the-lot-an-hour-later-it-is-totaled/

hellcat-carnage-this-one-left-the-lot-an-hour-later-it-is-totaled.jpg

_9.jpg

kkritsilas

Reaction score
A long while back, when I actually had ambitions to buy a used Porsche 928S4. On one of the Porsche oriented sites, there was one story of a guy to bought a new 928GTS (in 1993/1994, about $100K) and completely destroyed it 5 hours later. As a follow on, there was a guy, also in Germany, who bought a 512BB (the white car in the old Miami Vice show, but they used a clone), and took the autobahn out of the dealership, and lost it doing an estimated 280KMH/160 MPH, destroyed the car, and got himself killed. The guy who was driving the Porsche Carerra GT that Paul Walker was killed in was doing about 100 MPH in a 30 zone when he lost it.

The term "More money than brains" comes to mind. All of the cars mentioned (with the exception of the Carerra GT) are supposed to be cars that regular people can buy, given that they have the cash. There is no known way of assessing intelligence or the idiot factor.

Kostas

Last edited:

alf44

Reaction score
when buying any high powered car, there should be a special driving test made MANDATORY... if you cant pass test,, you cant buy car..

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I have heard that in addition to a regular license, you need a special license to get onto the unlimited speed sections of the Autobahn. I suppose it doesn't eliminate the iditots from passing that license, either, but its a start.

Kostas

slant6billy

Reaction score
Don't forget Ryan Dunn in a Porsche GTIII. He was in a show on eMpTy V called "Jackass"..... fitting. Money can'y buy brains. Success can't get you good sense. Plenty of folks overdose on drugs, all the while with a boat load of cash in their hands.

I suffer a heavy right foot like the most, but I save the "full all out" for the track. Bet me, I get my hands on a Hellcat, I'm going to drive it like a pu__y. I also plan some driving school attendance like Skip Barber or some other. Even still, on public streets, the Hellcat is king and anyone wanting to run against it with their civic or cavalier is a fool and not worth the effort. Respect the hp!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
And that's just it isn't it......respect the HP.
Any street racing I've done has realistically taken me to say 60mph. I blew my tranny spanking hondas in my Craprice.
For me it's a "get you off the lights" thing. Either I'm gonna smoke you or you're gonna smoke me and it'll be known within a block or two.. I feel no need to keep my foot to the floor and risk a split second car or person showing up in front of me. It's just a bit of fun.

Up north on a nice quiet road I've let cars unwind but I'll always worked my way up....a little more each time so I could feel what the limits of the car were instead of just going over the line and mashing the thing.
Common sense is one of the most important pieces of equipment.

I've come close.....I remember coming into a few turns thinking "oh shit" and the car barely held on.....lesson learned.....no damage done.

Respect the horses....

Last edited:
Back