Parts Data Book

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I just now saw the note about hard drive vs USB stick. The sticks are relatively cheap, hard to damage and not too bad to mail.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Stale sites with broken links drive me crazy.

I'd like Joey to see if his new software can support some type of online presentation similar to the dippy link above. These cars are classics and that type of info is invaluable for people like me.

As an example, I was putting the finishing recap on my exterior trim thread and realized that there are over 3200 views on that one thread. I was shocked. So either its just fun to read about my ramblings .. or
folks are interested in seeing the pictures and descriptions of actually doing that work.

metallicaman0258

Reaction score
Stale sites with broken links drive me crazy.

I'd like Joey to see if his new software can support some type of online presentation similar to the dippy link above. These cars are classics and that type of info is invaluable for people like me.

As an example, I was putting the finishing recap on my exterior trim thread and realized that there are over 3200 views on that one thread. I was shocked. So either its just fun to read about my ramblings .. or
folks are interested in seeing the pictures and descriptions of actually doing that work.
Agreed. My problem with these platforms is that since they are "unloved" there is no info about them on the internet anywhere. They are new enough to not be collectible yet old enough to be rare. In most cases anyways. Never mind the fact that the a,b,e crowd has always had support, I digress.

These cars are the ultimate classic rwd cars. Itching for easy modification and having the classic sleeper looks. Nobody expects my old granny mobile to blow the doors off of them so that makes it fun. Plus as those guys with the hemi conversions (volare 392 wagon, 5.7 mirada) have proven, these platforms are ripe for the picking.

We as a community have a duty to compile as much information in one large well maintained database so others have a resource to fix and modify their FMJs

I'll get off my soap box now

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I’d love to be able to fix the broken links and pictures at their site – the problem I have is “I have no idea how to” (even if I had access).

Pretty much every page on the web site there, is applicable to our cars in one fashion or another.
I do have newer (more up to date) details on some items, though.

In addition to the part manuals, I have a bunch of other files, like bell housing part numbers and other items in an Excel format (data taken from internet, corrected and then added upon).

Attached are pictures of a differential Excel file I’m working on. Some details is not known (green background) – but this is more accurate than other files found in the internet. This sheet is still work in process and I have a bunch of other files like this one.
Compare my pictures (below) to this page Rear Axles: Mopar Rear Axle Dimensions and Identification: 1962 to 1989 (for example).

Note: I made the above file for me, and will need more formatting to make it clearer for others (a work in progress).
Diff Excel 1.GIF
Diff Excel 2.GIF

Justwondering

Reaction score
BudW -- you are a geek after my own heart!

Did you check the wayback machine or archive dot org?

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
A what-what ???

I made a screen shot (windows snipping tool, actually) from my Excel spreadsheet that I made.
There is a sheet similar to the one above that is incorrect, commonly found on the internet.

I’ve done a ton of research on many aspects on these (and other year) cars. Most are correct and some is way incorrect. The differential measurements are one example.

In the above case, I am looking for two differentials of the ’66-67 B-body vintage, for they are the closest match to F & M-body cars (part of my performance upgrades), in my opinion.
Others prefer the wider track (Chrysler calls tread) of the ’68-70 B-body’s (which are 0.687” (11/16”) wider.
Some say they are the same (NOT).

I have been in more than one heated debate with people because they believe what the internet says – which says ‘66 through ’70 B-body all use the same differential housing - and they do not. Again, it comes back to believing what they see on the internet and not researching it themselves.

There are a lot of things I’ve looked up but do not have an avenue of sharing my work.
No website experience, no website, and so forth. Computer experience, yes, but the other, no.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Let me share with you...
Historical snapshots of the internet

1. go to www.archive.net
2. put in the dippy url/internet address you put earlier in the post.
3. you will get back a calendar and some bar charts at the top
4. bar charts show you how often a snapshot was taken
5. calendar tells you what days there is a snapshot stored
6. click on a year on the bar chart and you get that 12 months
7. click on a calendar day and you can see everything for that day back in time
8. lets you see/recover older info if the site was constructed well

just remember, its a snapshot as it existed back in time so the layout may differ than what you see today

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I only have a few PDF FSM’s (factory service manual), and only one which is FMJ related (’77 BCFM bodes).
For service manuals, I’ve always preferred paper books - but have found the digital versions to be handier for forum usage. Also, I have purchased and kept a FSM for every vehicle I’ve owned – and have quite the bookshelf full of FSM’s and other data.

Wife calls me a hoarder – which I might be, but when I need data, I generally need it now.
I’ve also try to pass the information I do have onto others who also needs the data (when applicable, or if someone else doesn’t jump on it first).
It might have something to do with being a current ASE certified Master Technician, a Master HD Truck Technician and a Master Machinist, possibly. I’ve been wrenching on Mopar’s sense the mid ‘70’s

One thing I love about another forum site, Dodge Diplomat Upgrades and repairs - a comprehensive guide at dippy.org is this site/page it has a ton of relevant and useful data.
The problem is the site is out of date (broken or invalid links and missing pictures). The data is spot on, but without pictures or valid links, it doesn’t do much good (is like having a $10,000 camera, but lens has mud caked on it).

I don’t think this forum can support a page like that – but I think some of our sections could use more sticky pages, maybe (this needs to be a discussion for another day).

I will go get a cheap thumb drive (no donations needed) and transfer existing data onto it. The next question is where to send it to? (1)

I do not mind the data to be placed online for anyone to use, but I do have a couple of requests (if allowable).
I would like it to be available to anyone – but not necessarily have the data standing out in the open (does this make any sense?). If we have visitors come by, we want them to stick around a while (2).

I’d like the forum masters (correct term?) have some rights to data. Not that I don’t trust any one person, per se, but things do happen to people, and I’d hate to see access vanish due to someone passing away, etc. (things happen)(3).

I would like to have some access to the files. My library is always growing and I have found several typos, mistakes, omitted data, etc., that I’ve corrected on existing files over the years. I will not ever delete anything, only to fix errors and/or add to the database (4).

FSM’s are great, but sometimes they are lacking in areas. I have seen one year FSM list fastener torque specs, and the next year FSM does not list them (and other details of this kind).

BudW

You'd have to bounce that off Joey. He's the admin and I don't have access to all the controls and it's ultimately his say.

89.Fifth

Reaction score
Look guys. I'm happy to create a whole new website that hosts all the collective info that exists about our cars. It's not a huge deal to do, just a ton of work, so if anyone wants to send me files I'm happy to host them and upload them for everyone.

Making the site and making the info accessible is the easy part. It's collecting and organizing it that's hard. It can all be done and I'm willing to do it.

89.Fifth

Reaction score
Here is a link to my dropbox. You can upload anything mopar or m-body related you want. It will be available for anybody to upload and (eventually) anybody to download. The space is basically unlimited and you can share the link if you want, but please keep it on topic.

Dropbox - Submit files

Back