Pictures from today.

MBDale

Reaction score
image.jpeg
Valve covers

Last edited:

Justwondering

Reaction score
Might I add, I like seeing a garage floor, there's good lighting and I love the lounge chair in the corner. Nice set up.

MBDale

Reaction score
Hey guys. Been able to get to the car lately. 360 is coming along great in the machine shop. Bottom end balanced and assembled. Just getting at the heads now, new guides,seats,valves,springs,etc. Also just about done the welding on the car too. I'd thought it's time for a update. Does anybody have information or factory stuff on how some of the dash goes together?

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I just rebuilt the heater case on my no/AC wagon about 6 weeks ago (which I see is apart inside of your car). It needs to go in first.

I would recommend taking pictures of your other dash parts (or presumed to be dash parts) and we can label/number them in order or re-assembly.

Hopefully you bagged and tagged your screws?

I am wondering, why did you take your heater case apart?

The A-pillar trim and dash top goes in after windshield is installed.
If removed, the headliner goes in before windshield – but it can also go in afterwards (just not quite as easily as before the windshield).
BudW

MBDale

Reaction score
I took everything apart because the car was sitting outside for 19 years and the mice were everywhere. Dead ones too. Blower motor was seized up, squirrel cage warped and everything was very dirty. Nice got up behind everything.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I removed a dead mouse from mine at same time. I also made and installed a new piece of cardboard for heater case (my old one reeked from of the previous smoker).
20170102_190001r.jpg

MBDale

Reaction score
Got the heater box in recently. Pressure checked the heater core, new squirrel cage from EBay and new blower motor. Also have a majority of the dash installed and currently debating if a rockin stereo. Big relief to have this stuff together as I thought it be way more complicated. Motor apparently is coming together. I'm going out tomorrow for small stuff so I'll check out the machine shop too, I'll add more pictures tomorrow. Just a quick update guys!!

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
20160904_164836i.jpg
20150924_092347.jpg

Part 2, as shown by red line (under column).

To reassemble the dash:
1 Make sure instrument cluster, and all dash switches are in place, including A/C, radio, clock (if equipped).

2 The metal brace that attaches to Left side to about ½ way across. It generally has the park brake release handle screwed onto it as well as the green wiper delay module screwed onto it (if so equipped). The center attachment is coming soon – so at this point, it will be attached to Left side only. It will use a wide head flat black Phillips screws.

3 Right dash half. There is a barow nut (7/16”, I think) that attaches to dash center (touches metal brace in step 2) and 7/16” (I think) bolt on Right side. Make sure nut and bolt are in place – but not tight, F-bodes will have three 5/16” flat black hex screws going in from top to made in metal dash horizontal. There will also be two more 5/16” screws (same color) going in the the black dash plastic frame. Once all screws are in place, tighten all bolts/nuts/screws for step 2 and 3).

4 A-pillar trim. Chrome Phillips screw in center. Sometimes another Phillips screw by lower corner by windshield - or sometimes not.

5 dash top. Four 5/16” flat black (sometimes gloss black, but mostly flat) hex screws at defroster vent. Note using a magnetic bit helps a lot as well as a lot of patience. F-body has 2 flat black Phillips screws going up by glove box latch. Two screws going away from steering wheel, in front of dash on sides. These two screws are generally 5/16” gloss black hex screws but I do see on occasion Phillips screws. Three 5/16 black (generally gloss) hex screws going up into dash top in front of dash.

6 Kick panels. Two piece panels, with wield shaped insulation panel behind each side. Two different size and length chrome Phillips screws per side. After kick panels are screwed in place, can the chrome plates be installed (that go under the door).

7 Knee booster. There are seven flat black Phillips screws that hold this piece in. The first screw is the hardest one.

8 Instrument panel trim. It pops in place on top. Then gloss black Phillips screws on bottom edge (three, I think).

Hopefully you have no spare parts left, at this point.
BudW

Back