Pictures from today.

MBDale

Reaction score
Have some time off. Head back to work in March. At a friends place out of town. My parts 4 door is there. We’re finally getting to it.

10933549-FF30-4400-878D-5ED9349D0784.jpeg

53D20CA7-2B10-433D-A1B8-5091D0C426BF.jpeg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Pictures from this afternoon coming back from Kwik-Trip near my house. Gee, sure wish we had some snow:rolleyes:
DSC00206.JPG
DSC00209.JPG
DSC00210.JPG
DSC00205.JPG

MBDale

Reaction score
I’ve got the glass out of the 4-door. Just sitting here and something kinda stuck me. I’ve got the front of the 360 in my Aspen apart. Go and get some parts today. Putting in a new front seal because I have the opportunity to do it. Have any of you guys ever ran this “Dust seal”? I haven’t on engines that I’ve had rebuilt before. Should I ? Thoughts?????

470100D8-61D6-4DED-A150-58C97B48E89F.jpeg

E78926B3-C8D6-4E08-8EC6-F667FA8A3494.jpeg

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with Duke5A.
The oil slinger will keep oil off of the front crank seal - which reduces a possibility of leakage. The felt will not hurt anything to begin with.

The Tensioner is also highly recommended and also helps to reduce timing chain noise - which is another plus.

Aspen500

Reaction score
The tensioner took care of a problem my '96 Dakota had at least since I bought it when it was almost 2 years old with 48,000 miles, timing chain rattle at idle. (3.9L Magnum) Sounded like marbles in a coffee can kind of. New chain and added the tensioner at about 155,000 miles and,,,,,,,,,,utter silence. Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.:cool:

Justwondering

Reaction score
I'm shaking my head in shock and disbelief.
Here I am staring at bar-ditches with green grass and already need to consider mowing so the state boys will not mow down my wildflowers.
Bluebonnet plants are about 3 inches tall now.

Another few weeks of nice weather for cutting cedar trees then it starts getting to be hot and sweaty work in the mornings as the sun rises.

JW
(although, the weather-liars on tv just said we might have a freeze one more time next week)

Mr C

Reaction score
Yes the windshield is good. It’s not a Chrysler windshield but it’s a really good driver windshield.
What would you want for it? All I need is a good driver windshield for my Dippy.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I'm shaking my head in shock and disbelief.
Here I am staring at bar-ditches with green grass and already need to consider mowing so the state boys will not mow down my wildflowers.
Bluebonnet plants are about 3 inches tall now.

Another few weeks of nice weather for cutting cedar trees then it starts getting to be hot and sweaty work in the mornings as the sun rises.

JW
(although, the weather-liars on tv just said we might have a freeze one more time next week)
green-with-envy.png

Justwondering

Reaction score
I am going to have to learn to never post about the weather.
Unseasonably cold for next 10 days ... averaging 30 degree cooler than normal.
BLEH!

JW

Aspen500

Reaction score
Same here, except when the average temp is 30 and it's 20-30 degrees below average.................................Well, do the math. :confused:

volare 77

Reaction score
Even though it probably works fine. I never used the felt thing on the damper/balancer before. It seems to me like it would constantly be rubbing away at the seal.

M_Body_Coupe

Reaction score
You're going to love that box. Did you get the power steering pump from Borgeson too?

I've been thinking about making this move...since the motor's going to be out now would be the perfect time.

Mark, is the Borgeson pump required? Are there any advantages to going down that route?

I had previously installed the shim pack for the OEM box (which gave me a much improved feel) but now I'm wondering if that might play havoc with the Borgeson gear? I also have the factory cooler on my pump right now and therefore would prefer to simply keep that setup as-is...

Next stop is their site to learn a bit more about he whole setup...but I figured I'd ask here first since you did this a while ago and have always heard good things about that swap from you.

Duke5A

Reaction score
I've been thinking about making this move...since the motor's going to be out now would be the perfect time.

Mark, is the Borgeson pump required? Are there any advantages to going down that route?

I had previously installed the shim pack for the OEM box (which gave me a much improved feel) but now I'm wondering if that might play havoc with the Borgeson gear? I also have the factory cooler on my pump right now and therefore would prefer to simply keep that setup as-is...

Next stop is their site to learn a bit more about he whole setup...but I figured I'd ask here first since you did this a while ago and have always heard good things about that swap from you.

The Borgeson pump isn't required, but is has the correct pressure/flow valve in it to match their boxes. From what I understand there are so many damn variants of the Saginaw pumps with different clocking positions and valving it isn't even funny.

My Dad and I both put Borgeson boxes in at the same time. He put two shims in his pump and the steering is great from clock to clock. I've got the exact same setup and it's extremely hard to turn when idling at a stop, but it's great at speed. I've tried zero to four shims in my pump and got the desired feedback at speed, but was never able to dial it in when stopped.

I called Borgeson and they basically told me they can't guarantee the valving in whatever Saginaw pump you have is correct. Dad lucked out, but I got to get a pump. Even with the cost of the pump though I still say it's absolutely worth it.

Edit: I've got a parts store rebuilt POS big block pump, and Dad is using the the small block one that came with the car when he bought it from Tom.

Back