Pulled The Imperial Trigger

Dago Red

Reaction score
Running and driving 1981 Chrysler Imperial. The lean burn and injection is out of kilter. The interior is a tad worn. The body is sanded and primed. Clear title with delivery for $700.

How could I resist?

efriedrich

Reaction score
It’s good to see the Imperials making a showing.

Dago Red

Reaction score
Here Ya Go

It showed up about 1430 hours and I've been tinkering on it. The interior has taken a whippin' from Texas summers, just a little rot around the bottom of the deck lid, heck I even got it to run after sitting since 2002 (not very well, but it runs!).

Imp Drivers Side.jpg

Imp Nose.jpg

Imp Tail.jpg

Imp Up Hood.jpg

Imp Engine.jpg

Imp Interior.jpg

Bryan M.

Reaction score
Score! If you want a hood ornament just get me and address, I've got quite a few hanging out around here...

83Imp

Reaction score
I don't know of any other fuel delivery system that air cleaner will fit on other than the stock fuel injection throttle body..... Or........has a PO done a LOT of creative plumbing in there? If it's still FI, any leak at all between the air horn and the combustion computer will cause it to 'run like crap or not at all. The computer has been unscrewed from the side of the air cleaner causing a huge leak....

Last edited:

Dago Red

Reaction score
By Any Other Name

Sorry Imp, it's like tissue or kleenex. All the Lean Burn boxes looked just like it. We weren't very sophisticated: one grandson to crank and me to shoot a burnable liquid into the throttle body to see if the ignition would fire. It did.

You were right: the fuel injection system was pretty trashed.

Bryan M.

Reaction score
Careful about shooting chemicals down the TB...I caught mine on fire twice doing that before I pulled the engine.

Back