Random pics of my Aspen from "the build"

Oldiron440

Reaction score
My shifter is not creative, it just say Turbo Action on it.

Duke5A

Reaction score
One of these days I've got to ask you to post some photos of all the stiffening you did to your car. I've done mine in phases and never had it completely apart, so the frame ties don't go through the floor pan. Never welded the K up when it was out either as I didn't know any better at the time.

I know I've said it before, but damn you've done an absolutely beautiful job on that car.

Aspen500

Reaction score
If I can find pics of those things, I will. Some pics were lost in the great PC crash of 2012, others were never taken in the first place and the rest,,, are a big disorganized mess on this computer.

Gator

Reaction score
That is some awesome craftsmanship going on there .the shifter modification is cool stuff can you go more into detail what you swapped around or modified to make work .I'd like to do this for my car

Aspen500

Reaction score
Let me see if I can remember what it took to convert to Slap-Stik and hopefully some other pics. Unfortunately, a lot of things I do, I don't really take many photos or pay attention to how it's done. Kind of a plan on the fly type of thing. It'll come to me so,,,,,,,,,,stay tuned.:)

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, a lot of things I do, I don't really take many photos or pay attention to how it's done. Kind of a plan on the fly type of thing.
I can understand that.

On another note, when I was restoring my ’69 Road Runner – I only took a few before pictures – but nothing else. The main reason was I had access to a ton of B-bodies, so always had references. Now I don’t have access to the same resources, I had then. Also, my memory isn’t as sharp as it was thirty years ago (if I recall correctly – darn, those memory cells . . .), so I highly recommend anyone to take many many pictures before disassembling anything – especially if the reassemble will take more than a week after the disassemble.

I have even started to take a picture of a screw and its location once removed – so I can get right one back in original position.
All I know is trying to figure out the simple things is difficult a couple of years down the road, without references.

I also understand computer hard drives crashing, pictures damaged from flood damage, and so forth – so long-term storage of pictures, I haven't any good recommendations.

On different note – I didn’t know about the shifter conversion and its cool someone has made that change. Do you have any “after pictures” you could show? I don’t recall seeing many interior pictures of your car.
BudW

Aspen500

Reaction score
I don't really have ANY pics of my car at the start of the project. I didn't go digital until 2006 and with a film camera, you tend to not take many photo's. By '06, I was well into the project.

A lot of stuff I don't take photo's because having been working on cars since I was in single digits with dad, and doing it professionally since 1984, a person can figure out how something goes together even if it's given to you in a box.

The finished shifter looks no different than a stock F-body one when it's installed.

I haven't had a chance to look for additional pics yet of the conversion but don't give up hope!

This is the shifter in the car:
pic3.JPG

Gator

Reaction score
I have a parts slap shifter out of a ebony I will try to make it work with the f I already tried to do direct bolt in and won't work with the stock shifter linkage

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I had to read it three times to understand your were not making a shifter out of ebony. I thought, dudes got some carving skills.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
It would be a waste to make a shifter out of ebony (wood), and to only have it hidden under the console . . .
BudW

Aspen500

Reaction score
The e-body bezel is longer than f-body plus, I didn't want the flat lever with the chintsey looking plastic t-handle anyways.

Promise I'll get a how-to going and post it soon. Not now though, time for some
"quality time" with the snow blower,,,,,,,,,,again.:mad:

Back