Random Pics

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
0B6623B4-D3B5-4B5A-8B58-3CB80D1FE8A8.jpeg
4777D325-83E3-4EE9-B2F6-6A4932B74F36.jpeg

droptop

Reaction score
Awesome display of Mirada’s this weekend at Carlisle. I throughly enjoyed it.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Random pics of a car that comes into the shop every so often and I FINALLY had a camera with me while the car is there. Waiting on a choke pull-off and yes, it gets put inside at night!

1973 Satellite Sebring. The building contractor that owns it, bought it just like you see it, a couple years ago. Whoever did the resto work, did an excellent job. The body and paint are perfect, not a ripple or wave anywhere. Don't know if it ever had rust but if it did, the repairs are not visible from above or below. I'd more think it never had any rust. Nice car.

DSC00460.JPG
DSC00461.JPG
DSC00463.JPG
DSC00462.JPG

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I echo Shorty Thompson's response.

I love the early to mid 1970s B Bodies. The Satellite 2 door especially, this looks like a really good one. I don't really care if they are pre-1973 or 1973-1975, they are all fine with me.

Aspen500

Reaction score
That Satellite is as nice as it looks in the pics, seriously.

I had a '73 Satellite Sebring Plus back in the mid to late '80's. Really liked that car. It had a 400 2bbl (yawn, lol), buckets, rallye dash, magnum 500's, light pkg, cruise, AM/FM stereo, etc, etc, etc As with many cars in this state, winter road salt did it in about 1988 or so. Body didn't look too bad, structural rust was the culprit that sent it to the great boneyard in the sky. What the heck, I paid a whole $100 for it in 1985, other than dual exhaust, only did maintenance items like tires, brakes, etc, and put almost 80,000 miles on it. Think I got my $100 worth:p Of course, I have no pictures of it that I'm aware of (same goes for lots of other cars I've had). In the pre-digital age, photo's were a lot more sparse than now days.

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
That Satellite is as nice as it looks in the pics, seriously.

I had a '73 Satellite Sebring Plus back in the mid to late '80's. Really liked that car. It had a 400 2bbl (yawn, lol), buckets, rallye dash, magnum 500's, light pkg, cruise, AM/FM stereo, etc, etc, etc As with many cars in this state, winter road salt did it in about 1988 or so. Body didn't look too bad, structural rust was the culprit that sent it to the great boneyard in the sky. What the heck, I paid a whole $100 for it in 1985, other than dual exhaust, only did maintenance items like tires, brakes, etc, and put almost 80,000 miles on it. Think I got my $100 worth:p Of course, I have no pictures of it that I'm aware of (same goes for lots of other cars I've had). In the pre-digital age, photo's were a lot more sparse than now days.

Mine was a clone 1973 Road Runner with 68' 383 that I let my wife drive 1 time. I heard her take off from every stop sign 4 blocks away. Screech the tires everytime she took off.

Camtron

Reaction score
Turbo /6 Duster. Dig the Fish carb metering the fuel.
“The Fish carburetor was invented by John Robert Fish and is often conflated incorrectly with the mythical 100 mpg carburetor. The Fish design was ingeniously simple. A ram-air-pressurized float bowl got around the problem of fuel slosh starvation and a vaporization slot metered fuel automatically according to airflow without jets. The Fish self-adjusted to a wide range of engine sizes, altitudes, and performance demands without having to change out jets, power valves, accelerator pumps, or venturi. Fireball Roberts raced successfully with a Fish carburetor, and the design lived in the Minnow Fish and later Reece Fish series. The Fish had its adherents and successes in racing circles, but the design never gained mainstream popularity despite its performance advantages.”

A57FAA6D-FEE3-47C2-8CE6-FDE05E014097.jpeg

Shorty Thompson

Reaction score
Turbo /6 Duster. Dig the Fish carb metering the fuel.
“The Fish carburetor was invented by John Robert Fish and is often conflated incorrectly with the mythical 100 mpg carburetor. The Fish design was ingeniously simple. A ram-air-pressurized float bowl got around the problem of fuel slosh starvation and a vaporization slot metered fuel automatically according to airflow without jets. The Fish self-adjusted to a wide range of engine sizes, altitudes, and performance demands without having to change out jets, power valves, accelerator pumps, or venturi. Fireball Roberts raced successfully with a Fish carburetor, and the design lived in the Minnow Fish and later Reece Fish series. The Fish had its adherents and successes in racing circles, but the design never gained mainstream popularity despite its performance advantages.”

View attachment 41176
No throttle lag between idle and W.O.T. ?

Back