Random Pics

Camtron

Reaction score
...is that mold? Looks a little grayish/white and fuzzy.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Nope, not mold. That is massive corrosion all over everything, from water and (worse) salt water getting in the module.

I saw this all the time on Audi's when I worked at the dealer. As I said, fine German engineering, lol.

Sub03

Reaction score
The real problem is the four zeroes in the grill. Man I really don't like Audis (and VW). Many of my friends drive Audi and when they brag about the new installed chip tuning, I say my american V8's were delivered with proper hp and torque. No need to plug in some app to squeeze out a few extra horses....

Aspen500

Reaction score
Audi's are nice cars until they get older and then one thing after another goes bad and those things that go bad are usually expensive to fix. By the time it's 10 or 15 years old, it's on it's 4 or 5th owner and each owner had less and less money to do said repairs AND maintenance, so it gets worse and worse. Worked at the Audi dealer here from 2007-2012 and leaving there was the BEST thing I ever did in my entire life! In fact, I haven't set foot in the place since they day I hauled my toolbox away. Problem is, that particular Audi, I remember working on it at the dealer (because it has a non-operational CNG system) and somehow it followed me. It was a POS then and hasn't improved with age, lol. I'll bet they've spent at least $5,000 on it is the past 4 or 5 years on repairs for things that almost never fail on other makes.

Aspen500

Reaction score
LOL! Gee, I've never seen a Nissan toss a rod right through the block! Oh wait, yes I have, and more than once at work. Hyundai's and Kia's are good for that also. "Check for engine noise and oil leak, engine runs rough":eek:

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't hear anything in the video, but I guess they over-reved the engine?

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Screenshot 2021-04-29 232425.png

This was a couple feet in front of the car (at the end of the video).

It might have been planted there - but I doubt it.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I saw that on a Nissan Sentra that chucked a rod a couple years ago (it was actually laying on top of the steering rack, next to the dent in the firewall). No sign of the piston or wrist pin but the small end looked fine with the big end ripped apart. I assume the pin and pieces of piston were in the pan or came out the big crankcase vent hole in the back of the block. Looked amazingly similar to the one in the video.

Aspen500

Reaction score
What I remember the most about my last visit there was the mosquitos late in the day into evening. They were HORRIBLE. A guy could have made a killing selling OFF. People would have gladly paid $50 a can, me included.:eek: I think it was the fall meet but don't really remember anymore.

Back