Random Pics

Camtron

Reaction score
At least that color combo is nicer. I'm of the opinion that if you're gonna own one of these cars, it has to be interesting, because they have very little going for them stock. That ebay ad kept describing the engine as "powerful." I'm pretty sure a 3 cylinder, 1.5L ford escape makes more horsepower these days
I offered a guy near me $800 for one with rusted brake lines and mismatched fenders and doors. He’s firm on his $1,300, said he’ll part it out for 3xs that now.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I offered a guy near me $800 for one with rusted brake lines and mismatched fenders and doors. He’s firm on his $1,300, said he’ll part it out for 3xs that now.
Part it out... to who? Like 10 people on the forum? There's maybe a couple dozen people in the whole country who are aggressively looking for parts for these things.

I know I'm one of them, and I snag deals on ebay all the time because there's little competition.

There's an 8 1/4 sure grip for sale on the forum and Facebook that no one has bought cheap.

Even in tractor green, I get complements, thumbs up, comments, etc., because no one sees these cars anymore. They're definitely rare in the Northeast.

But rare doesn't mean valuable.

Edit: Maybe there's a Volare guy who wants the floor pans and would pay top dollar for them... like a whole $200

69-

Reaction score
I stayed a day longer to visit Mantorp Park with the kick off of Street Week, similar to drag week in the US, but mostly with old cars.

What an event.

All pictures (it escalated, again - more than 1600 of Västeras and further 110 of Mantorp), all available in the gallery.

https://gecius.de/index.php?/category/399

Click on link and enjoy. :)

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Who needs Speedbastard chinese intakes when you can get factory 4 barrels for $20 each
449256246_790972323198126_8406207599390435558_n.jpg

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
There are a few people around interested in parts but shipping ends up being the killer especially for intakes and axles but even smaller parts. I still need to finish a deal with someone here that I've been dragging on too long. But yeah the people who think they'll make a lot of money parting out a stock 2bbl car are dreaming.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
There are a few people around interested in parts but shipping ends up being the killer especially for intakes and axles but even smaller parts. I still need to finish a deal with someone here that I've been dragging on too long. But yeah the people who think they'll make a lot of money parting out a stock 2bbl car are dreaming.
I look for parts every time I travel

Camtron

Reaction score
Slot filed and manual valve installed, plate drilled. Just gotta drill the body and re assemble it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Camtron

Reaction score
That’s the 1-2 shift governor. This guy has to get ground down a bit of you want to be able to shift into 1st at any speed. While I have a lathe right behind me, I have no cutting tools for it (just demo equipment) so, no 1st gear downshifts for me at all speeds. While I don’t particularly want to be able to shift into first at all speeds, I’m still kinda bummed that I won’t be able to, lol

image.jpg

Camtron

Reaction score
Filing down the TV valve. Roughed it with a grinder, finishing it by hand with a file. About another 1/32” to take off

image.jpg

Camtron

Reaction score
There she is boys. Drilled, slotted, bypasses; ready to reassemble and install

image.jpg

Camtron

Reaction score
“ it said it was going to get delivered by 9:30am, it’s 9:45; where the fuck is my package?!”

IMG_8611.jpeg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Random video instead of pic, so sue me, lol

Body cam footage from PD over in Wausau, from late yesterday afteroon. Result of over 3" of rain in like 20 minutes. It rained so hard it wasn't even funny. I think my ears are still ringing from the million db thunder. What???????? lol

Last edited:
Back