Random Pics

69-

Reaction score
Dejan is awesome! A really nice guy and a awesome photographer!!

Kurz auf Deutsch: Deinen A100 und deinen Charger kenne ich von Treffen! Und auch den LeBaron habe ich auch schon mal in freier Wildbahn gesehen, glaube ich. :-D

Sehr schöne Fahrzeuge! *.*
The Krauts are taking over :D.

Thank you. And it is very likely you saw the LeBaron already - it's basically my daily driver. Cool thing. :)

1337m4723

Reaction score
The Krauts are taking over :D.

Thank you. And it is very likely you saw the LeBaron already - it's basically my daily driver. Cool thing. :)
Psst... Don't claim this too loud

Ah cool! As a daily driver it's really awesome I guess.

Your Charger is one of my all-time favorite cars... 1969 and original. So awesome

The A100 is awesome too! Really sweet truck.

Ele115

Reaction score
68 Coronet body swapped onto a 2007 SRT8 Charger chassis.

View attachment 45358

View attachment 45359

I have nothing against these swaps or whatever you call them. I would like to do a swap of my own. I want to swap newer body onto older drive train, a "glider kit" for a car if you want to call it that. Take a newer Challenger or something that has a bad engine and gut all the technology and power it with a carb'd 340/727 and see how long it stays on the road. It could be done here, we don't have emissions or any inspections. Just go back to a basic pushrod car with good safety and reliability. No video games, no need for 15 USB ports, blueteefs, GPS to tell you how to find the nearest marijuana store...none of it. Make a car that lasts.

MoparDan

Reaction score
I have nothing against these swaps or whatever you call them. I would like to do a swap of my own. I want to swap newer body onto older drive train, a "glider kit" for a car if you want to call it that. Take a newer Challenger or something that has a bad engine and gut all the technology and power it with a carb'd 340/727 and see how long it stays on the road. It could be done here, we don't have emissions or any inspections. Just go back to a basic pushrod car with good safety and reliability. No video games, no need for 15 USB ports, blueteefs, GPS to tell you how to find the nearest marijuana store...none of it. Make a car that lasts.
I like that idea!

Ele115

Reaction score
It's pretty backwards, but it you want to be able to service a car and keep it on the road a very long time you need to remove two things: Government and technology which doesn't directly make you go and stop. I could do it, for sure, but I have too many projects as it is. It is tempting though, just to prove a point. I know the car would last 30-50 years. I won't be driving nearly that long though.

Duke5A

Reaction score
Sweet spot for me in automotive tech was the early 90's. Magnum motors were sequential fuel injected with a single control box and separate harness. Transmissions were still hydraulically controlled with the exception of OD. Windows and door locks were wired directly to the switches. Only thing I would like on top of that is the modern 10 speed, double overdrive autos, but I don't think you could control that without a computer.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
In the mid '80's, when Chrysler was gun-ho with turbocharging everything, my dad and I had a conversation about "what if". He said if you took a stock 340 and put twin turbos on it, in like '68 or '69. He said can you imagine just how many people it would have killed back then - BUT you would have had a huge grin on your face when you died.
That would have been maybe 500+ HP (a wild guess) in a light weight car (A-body) with (most likely) 4-wheel manual drum brakes - with none of today's tech.
BudW

Camtron

Reaction score
Dodge stealth with a turbo 5.9 would have been rad. More and more guys pick them up and LS swap them now. Would be neat to see one done with a dodge/Chrysler power plant.

Camtron

Reaction score
Currently for sale, somewhere in Wisconsin. Guy wants $20k obo.

8B0AB4BA-2976-41B5-8388-517CC5CCC156.jpeg

6512BE7A-648E-4DEC-914C-47E55C7A2272.jpeg

59FFE1BE-219B-453D-8AA4-B57A9E9C0602.jpeg

Camtron

Reaction score
It’s that time of year again. Should probably add some antifreeze to your blinker fluid too.

FB6A9F63-49D1-49A1-B553-8B74A9B2A71C.jpeg

Back