Random Pics

69-

Reaction score
Lucky you (re wife) and good luck with the.truck.

Best x-mas present...

Merry x-mas

Camtron

Reaction score
Looks like it may have already sold, the listing was deleted anyway instead of marked as sold; but there’s a few of them around I’m keeping my eye on at the moment.

Camtron

Reaction score
Tatanka; big tatanka.

Was offered a great position to return to my previous job at the leather tannery.
If you’re interested in American made leather for your restoration project? let’s talk! I’ll set you up with the best in the industry.

72D6FD2D-B1C0-492E-95DE-79398B9EA154.jpeg

Aspen500

Reaction score
I can smell it from here! At least the tannery I toured years ago smelled REALLY bad. Like rotten eggs IIRC.

Camtron

Reaction score
I can smell it from here! At least the tannery I toured years ago smelled REALLY bad. Like rotten eggs IIRC.
Ahh yes. You must have been near some sodium hydrosulfide; the only thing worse than its smell is what it can do to skin.
This place has a real special smell; like a, dead animal farm meets rotten wet wood.

Camtron

Reaction score
2026. They want tech installed in new cars to help detect and reduce impaired driving. While “they’re” maintaining that doesn’t mean a, kill switch per se, it could mean things like on board cameras, eye movement/monitoring devices and the ability to access remote pilot/override capabilities to disable vehicles. Ford has been looking into it for police vehicles for a few years.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Yeah they're not calling it a kill switch because that implies someone remotely can shut the car off at any time. I think it's more of an artificial intelligence system to shut the car off and then make you use an app or something to turn your car back on. Checked out the smoke show in the car next to you? EYES OFF THE ROAD, DISTRACTED DRIVING, CAR OFF!

kkritsilas

Reaction score
If that comes about, I think the Artificial intelligence will be in some central location (I doubt it would be in the car, because people will figure out how to shut it off). How long after that comes into existence do you think that Law Enforcement will want access to it? I can see the arguments now:

1. Lets use the AI to stop cars that have drunk drivers, to prevent police chases and protect the public safety;
2. Lets use the AI to stop speeders and other law breakers to prevent then from running away;
3. Lets use the AI to stop car thefts and joy riders;
4. Lets use the AI to stop people who are suspects, so that we can investigate faster; and so on.

Except of course, none of that will be true The bad guys, or determined car thieves will work out ways to bypass the AI system, and the only people who will be stopped are regular, non-career criminal types.

Justwondering

Reaction score
I watch some of the videos on utube on the 'lock-picking lawyer' .... basically the guy can pick just about any lock very easily... locks generally keep the honest people honest. Just an annoyance to the bad guys.
JW

Justwondering

Reaction score
Unless, of course, its my horse down at the trust. She was, once again, on the neighbor's property ... I swear she is an escape artist.

JW

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I've yet to see a Ford PATS system defeated by everyday crooks. Not impossible though, but why would anyone bother stealing a ford?54114895_568364286907566_1510773150302863360_n.jpgglows.jpg

Back