Random Pics

Camtron

Reaction score
Like I was telling my brother, ‘new’ doesn’t mean, good or quality these days.

4E6B5885-8BE8-4A8E-B607-5A12246AB668.jpeg

Aspen500

Reaction score
I had an instructor at the technical college, waaaay back in '83, who always said "new just means new, it doesn't neccessarily mean good", when referring to parts. The man was spot on correct. I can more than verify that from experience, especially in the last decade or so.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
It looks like the Durango went off roading. I know they rust just looking at them though. If that is brake dust, I bet that rotor and caliper were on fire. That's a ton of dust up really high on the car.

Camtron

Reaction score
It looks like the Durango went off roading. I know they rust just looking at them though. If that is brake dust, I bet that rotor and caliper were on fire. That's a ton of dust up really high on the car.
Closest place to off-road in, Chicago is the, Indiana sand dunes. No orange mud to be found around here.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
It's also on the door handle and rockers which are plastic. It almost looks like it was by grease fire or something that caused trasfer.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
I guess we'll just have to wait for another episode of Just Rolled In on YouTube to find out. What ever it is, I bet it makes the cut

Aspen500

Reaction score
I've seen vehicles with rust stains from the brakes that bad, more than once. Of course, when they finally got towed in after the caliper piston pops out, "brakes just started grinding yesterday". Yeah, more like 2 months ago, lol.

MoparDan

Reaction score
I had an instructor at the technical college, waaaay back in '83, who always said "new just means new, it doesn't neccessarily mean good", when referring to parts. The man was spot on correct. I can more than verify that from experience, especially in the last decade or so.
You're right about parts, the other day I accidentally broke the fuel line off the pump while replacing the fuel filter, and the line on replacement fuel pump is much shorter so we had to use a long fuel hose to attach the filter to it...why would they change the length and shape of the line? What possible advantage would this have? IMG_2023-03-28-12-53-57-832.jpgIMG_2023-03-28-12-54-17-119.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Can't tell you how many times a vehicle got diagnosed, replace the causal part, and it's still not fixed. Then you doubt yourself and to be sure you've not missed sonething, diagnose it again from the beginning and come to the same conclusion. So, get ANOTHER new part, install it and everything is fine. How much time does that waste that you can't charge the customer for? I noticed it got exponentially worse over the past ten years or so (the bad brand new parts). Mostly it's aftermarket ones from the parts store but even OEM from the dealer parts are junk OOTB a lot more often than 10 or 20 years ago. Heh-heh-heh, other auto techs problem now ;)

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
You're right about parts, the other day I accidentally broke the fuel line off the pump while replacing the fuel filter, and the line on replacement fuel pump is much shorter so we had to use a long fuel hose to attach the filter to it...why would they change the length and shape of the line? What possible advantage would this have? View attachment 49449View attachment 49450
The Commies get to save 1/2 a cent (aka American Funny Money) for every shortened fuel line

images (1).jpeg

MoparDan

Reaction score
Can't tell you how many times a vehicle got diagnosed, replace the causal part, and it's still not fixed. Then you doubt yourself and to be sure you've not missed sonething, diagnose it again from the beginning and come to the same conclusion. So, get ANOTHER new part, install it and everything is fine. How much time does that waste that you can't charge the customer for? I noticed it got exponentially worse over the past ten years or so (the bad brand new parts). Mostly it's aftermarket ones from the parts store but even OEM from the dealer parts are junk OOTB a lot more often than 10 or 20 years ago. Heh-heh-heh, other auto techs problem now ;)
I've bought (probably original) parts from the Moyes' Fifth Avenue to fix The Cherry Bomb because I know the used '80s parts will last longer then new parts will!

Camtron

Reaction score
Some rust free ‘80s classics out this morning. The Crown Vic looked brand new.

BC81D4C2-EC3A-41DE-B128-F3B190BEFC0D.jpeg

D104733A-36F7-498A-A84D-9D84CB7E7895.jpeg

69-

Reaction score
Crown vic - got hold of one of them (though much worse condition), made it street legal in Germany and presented it as a gift for my niece's 18 birthday (only limited legal driving here under 18).
She was pretty happy
:cool:;)

But drives a VW polo (sub-sub-sub-compact :eek:) as a daily.

Camtron

Reaction score
Yesterday, we had a thunderstorm warning with 90mph winds in, Chicago. Out in the suburbs, a tornado touched down and ripped the roof off an occupied theater causing mass casualties; 20+ ambulances requested to the scene.

In the midst of the chaos, an photographer was able to capture a perfectly timed picture.

7E5E574E-7777-41BB-B306-724A43FD4183.jpeg

Back