Random Pics

Camtron

Reaction score
You need to get the fuck out of that city.
You’re telling me.
We’ve been looking at 5+ acre properties in your state. I’ll probably boondock at work M-Th and go home on the weekends. Wife wants to stop doing cosmo work and start a Glamping/School Bus AirBNB deal; idk, whatever makes her happy, gets the little boy space to be a little boy and me a lawn to mow, lol.

Duke5A

Reaction score
You’re telling me.
We’ve been looking at 5+ acre properties in your state. I’ll probably boondock at work M-Th and go home on the weekends. Wife wants to stop doing cosmo work and start a Glamping/School Bus AirBNB deal; idk, whatever makes her happy, gets the little boy space to be a little boy and me a lawn to mow, lol.

You might want to think about Ohio or Indiana. Both chambers of our State House flipped dem for the first time in 40 years during the last cycle. Thanks a lot Tudor. We're getting some horrible shit shoved down our throats up here. Hopefully the House flips back in '24, but we'll see.

Not that wouldn't mind having another M fan in State though. Dad and I are thinking about hosting some kind of meet up later in the summer. I'll post it here if it materializes.

Camtron

Reaction score
You might want to think about Ohio or Indiana. Both chambers of our State House flipped dem for the first time in 40 years during the last cycle. Thanks a lot Tudor. We're getting some horrible shit shoved down our throats up here. Hopefully the House flips back in '24, but we'll see.

Not that wouldn't mind having another M fan in State though. Dad and I are thinking about hosting some kind of meet up later in the summer. I'll post it here if it materializes.
You maybe onto something…im’ma just leave this here; Pure Michigan, lol

13D5FE7E-BAB2-4C7C-A103-59908F1321CB.jpeg

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Happy Independence Day to all Americans, especially those in the future 51st State of Alberta!
Screenshot_20230704_050323_Gallery.jpg

Camtron

Reaction score
For anyone that’s wondered or been waiting; Schumacher will have legit 340/360 spool mounts available in 4-6 weeks for 5.9Mag/360LA swaps.

2511870E-C4A6-43FE-BC7F-BAA80122CE41.jpeg

Camtron

Reaction score
Schumacher has added a discounted “Swap Meet” section to their site. They’ll be offering opened & unused customer returns as well as blemished finishes, ect…currently, they have a set of FMJ body /6 to big block engine mounts for $179 vs the normal $229.

Link: Swap Meet

81CDD4AD-D8B3-404E-8A78-84698166DD61.png

Camtron

Reaction score
Two bell house bolts, header flanges and motor mounts are all that’s left holding the engine in the car. Gonna try to have the 5.9Mag drivable by, Sunday night but, will likely get stumped by something.

02C964A8-CF0B-41AF-9F6A-1F6E4B5F6861.jpeg

Camtron

Reaction score
....and it takes me an entire season to get a gas tank right. LMFAO. You're putting me to shame over here.
I’m getting some extra help for a change. My good friend just got accepted into the, Army and quit his job to enjoy his last month home before shipping out. He’s been over the last couple days giving me a hand. Couldn’t have made any type of progress without him. Torque converter is bolted to flex plate, motor mounts are loose but in (and shimmed with washers in drivers side) couple bell house bolts in. Gonna try to hit the sack early tonight and hit it hard tomorrow to hopefully get to crank it over.

Last edited:

Camtron

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a YouTube or Rumble video on this. Looks great!
I’ll try to put a decent video together. With the rise of social media/influencers, ect…my wife has been giving me quite a bit of, guff for not taking the time to video and document what I’ve done with the car in the few years I’ve had it.
But I’ll get one up; for the boys.

Camtron

Reaction score
This photo is garbage, my phones broken as all get at the moment but, I wanted to show the wear on this 3 year old timing chain from the Mopar tensioner that I used with it. If you look black links, they all have little metallic wear streaks.
This was done with my intake/carb/headers a few years ago. That metals gotta go somewhere, gotta be some plastic mixed in with it from the tensioner pads.
With this, I’m done using tensioners myself.

6F07C57F-D696-4A9D-9AB3-64B6D03938FE.jpeg

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
This photo is garbage, my phones broken as all get at the moment but, I wanted to show the wear on this 3 year old timing chain from the Mopar tensioner that I used with it. If you look black links, they all have little metallic wear streaks.
This was done with my intake/carb/headers a few years ago. That metals gotta go somewhere, gotta be some plastic mixed in with it from the tensioner pads.
With this, I’m done using tensioners myself.

View attachment 50379
Well that answers that question for my next engine

dm330

Reaction score
Ah damn and I had that put in with mine. I think I may be sending mine off to the scrap yard soon anyway. I've reached the point that if work doesn't resume on it by September, I'll take my losses and have it crushed. Lesson learned, but the financial loss I'd take going that route will be worth the peace of mind at the end of the day.

Duke5A

Reaction score
Ah damn and I had that put in with mine. I think I may be sending mine off to the scrap yard soon anyway. I've reached the point that if work doesn't resume on it by September, I'll take my losses and have it crushed. Lesson learned, but the financial loss I'd take going that route will be worth the peace of mind at the end of the day.

What's the story with yours?

dm330

Reaction score
What's the story with yours?
I had the car in to have the front suspension rebuilt and to swap out the lean burn for the Holley Sniper EFI in March of 2022. I'd go in once a month to check on it, talk about it, look at it and told it should all be done soon, we'll have it running very soon, etc. Long story short, they were giving me the run around and sold the place in March of this year. I had paid almost $3500, a little over half the quoted estimate last year in May. The tech doing the work said he'd probably finish the work up for the remainder of the quote ($6239.48). We shook hands on it, although he has since quit, but said I should have the car towed to my place before the dealership has it towed out, so it has been here at home for a month now.

To me, it looks like most of the work with the suspension is done, needs the new sway bar installed and I need a measurement of the sector shaft to order the correct size idler arm. As far as the efi goes, it still needs plugged in and plumbed up. The exhaust manifolds also need tightened, the fuel tank needs cut for the sump and needs installed. It was a Florida car until I bought it and had it towed to Ohio.

The plan was to get the front refreshed and EFI installed, enjoy the car for a while, then upgrade to the 8.25, which I have in the storage unit I rent for the car. Here's a pic of how the engine looks now. No oil in it, new head gaskets, double roller timing chain with tensioner installed, new radiator. everything the car needs installed in in the back seat and the trunk.

IMG_3206.jpg

Last edited:
Back