Random Pics

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
1e5ebad5d5d8cd0296d9e89790b6bee6595f30a1e301a3c6cd4f7d9053590350_1.jpg

dm330

Reaction score
I had the car in to have the front suspension rebuilt and to swap out the lean burn for the Holley Sniper EFI in March of 2022. I'd go in once a month to check on it, talk about it, look at it and told it should all be done soon, we'll have it running very soon, etc. Long story short, they were giving me the run around and sold the place in March of this year. I had paid almost $3500, a little over half the quoted estimate last year in May. The tech doing the work said he'd probably finish the work up for the remainder of the quote ($6239.48). We shook hands on it, although he has since quit, but said I should have the car towed to my place before the dealership has it towed out, so it has been here at home for a month now.

To me, it looks like most of the work with the suspension is done, needs the new sway bar installed and I need a measurement of the sector shaft to order the correct size idler arm. As far as the efi goes, it still needs plugged in and plumbed up. The exhaust manifolds also need tightened, the fuel tank needs cut for the sump and needs installed. It was a Florida car until I bought it and had it towed to Ohio.

The plan was to get the front refreshed and EFI installed, enjoy the car for a while, then upgrade to the 8.25, which I have in the storage unit I rent for the car. Here's a pic of how the engine looks now. No oil in it, new head gaskets, double roller timing chain with tensioner installed, new radiator. everything the car needs installed in in the back seat and the trunk.

View attachment 50386
I hadn't touched anything he worked on because I didn't want to lose parts or mess up any of his work in case he does get back to me soon. He does very good work, been out at that dealership for a long time and has worked on my truck, I don't blame him for leaving, (new owners are A-holes to work for) but I'm done having it on the back burner.

Duke5A

Reaction score
I had the car in to have the front suspension rebuilt and to swap out the lean burn for the Holley Sniper EFI in March of 2022. I'd go in once a month to check on it, talk about it, look at it and told it should all be done soon, we'll have it running very soon, etc. Long story short, they were giving me the run around and sold the place in March of this year. I had paid almost $3500, a little over half the quoted estimate last year in May. The tech doing the work said he'd probably finish the work up for the remainder of the quote ($6239.48). We shook hands on it, although he has since quit, but said I should have the car towed to my place before the dealership has it towed out, so it has been here at home for a month now.

To me, it looks like most of the work with the suspension is done, needs the new sway bar installed and I need a measurement of the sector shaft to order the correct size idler arm. As far as the efi goes, it still needs plugged in and plumbed up. The exhaust manifolds also need tightened, the fuel tank needs cut for the sump and needs installed. It was a Florida car until I bought it and had it towed to Ohio.

The plan was to get the front refreshed and EFI installed, enjoy the car for a while, then upgrade to the 8.25, which I have in the storage unit I rent for the car. Here's a pic of how the engine looks now. No oil in it, new head gaskets, double roller timing chain with tensioner installed, new radiator. everything the car needs installed in in the back seat and the trunk.

View attachment 50386

Damn, if you'd been closer to the Toledo area I'd say I would come down and help you get the thing running. I've done a couple Sniper installs and I'm running one on my car. Sounds like it wouldn't be that much more to get it going. If you can't find someone to modify tank you could always run an external pump like I did when I was still using the factory tank.

dm330

Reaction score
The original tank is gone since it had a leak on top, that was part of the reason I went ahead and had the EFI system installed, just get it all done in one shot. It gets me because I've offered multiple times to put more money toward the work so we could get it done and they turned it down. I do have a new tank and straps in the trunk with the pump and sump. Some of the other stuff I could probably do once I get a torque wrench.

dm330

Reaction score
Here's a link to a video I posted on Rumble. It's not wonderful, but it does show in better detail than the picture how it looks as it is.

Camtron

Reaction score
i don’t have a video yet but, the car sounds pretty sweet at idle. Have only ran it for tens of seconds here and there. Still have to get the carb tuned and dialed in. Haven’t driven it yet. A few unexpected things here and there; definitely wasn’t close to done, Sunday, lol. Heck, still may be a day or two more from now.
Need to grab new alternator belts, burp the cooling system and finish tidying up under the hood.

D88DF234-CC67-4255-A362-36D5DFB395D8.jpeg

C56A52FE-8D83-4D1E-A57B-E4B9F10D38E1.jpeg

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
i don’t have a video yet but, the car sounds pretty sweet at idle. Have only ran it for tens of seconds here and there. Still have to get the carb tuned and dialed in. Haven’t driven it yet. A few unexpected things here and there; definitely wasn’t close to done, Sunday, lol. Heck, still may be a day or two more from now.
Need to grab new alternator belts, burp the cooling system and finish tidying up under the hood.

View attachment 50400

View attachment 50401

Back