Real mopar people dont act that way

qurtuba

Reaction score
Don't know what it is, but I'm sure Jay's face is gonna get reshaped as he floors it in that thing.
layrubber.gif

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
What the hell is that space wagon anyway?

That would be Jay's 1953 Chrysler Tank Car featuring a 1792 cubic inch V-12 Hemi. 1600 ponies to get you to the gas station fast. Apparently with newly added fuel injection, gas mileage has been greatly improved. Up to an unbelievable 3mpg.

72Dodge

Reaction score
Over the years I've owned and driven a B-Body Charger, a /6 Adventurer, an E-Body Barracuda big block, a couple Shadows including a Turbo car, and an F-Body '76 Aspen R/T. Now I have an A-Body. Would love to have another F, M, or J at some point, and have been looking with a lot of interest at the C's too. I love everything the company did, and the snobs who will only look at E, B or whatever are missing out on a lot of great stuff and a lot of fun. I wish I'd kept my black Aspen R/T. Honestly, it was sort of a POS condition-wise, but it was a lot of fun.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Over the years I've owned and driven a B-Body Charger, a /6 Adventurer, an E-Body Barracuda big block, a couple Shadows including a Turbo car, and an F-Body '76 Aspen R/T. Now I have an A-Body. Would love to have another F, M, or J at some point, and have been looking with a lot of interest at the C's too. I love everything the company did, and the snobs who will only look at E, B or whatever are missing out on a lot of great stuff and a lot of fun. I wish I'd kept my black Aspen R/T. Honestly, it was sort of a POS condition-wise, but it was a lot of fun.

Welcome aboard 72. Yep, I love 'em all too. The beauty of the POS condition ones is worry free driving. You don't have to worry about someone dinging your paint job but you still get to drive a sweet ride.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Sure, all I have so far is it being put on the trailer to bring it home and a couple as I started to clean it up. It's a GA4 (light gunmetal metallic) '72 /6 auto Swinger with deluxe interior. I have a hot and fresh 318/727/8.75 to put in it in the spring, but I might just replace the leafs and shocks, fix the brakes and drive it as is for awhile (the 6 runs nice after sitting for years, of course!). Other than the burned off paint, the car really cleaned up nice. Other than behind the rear wheels, it's unbelievably solid.

My '76 Aspen R/T was black with white interior and red stripe. It had a 340 in it when I bought it, but if I remember correctly (sold it in about '93), it was a 360-4v from factory, so would have really been a keeper had I had the $ to fix it up at the time. If I don't ever find an R/T or RR F body I can afford, I'd love to have a clean Aspen/Volare wagon. Or a cop Dippy (or any cop car)... that's my other FMJ QUOTE]

You should post these pics on my Before, during and after thread.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Holy Crap! 1003 views, 108 replies. Eventually I'm gonna print this out and make a coffee table book out of it.

This is good reading!

Erics5th

Reaction score
Hey 72Dodge, keep the GA4! Thats a fairly uncommon color in those years. My '72 Satellite Custom was also that color, but was sadly repainted black at some point in its life (it was hit in the right rear quarter panel way before I got it).

72Dodge

Reaction score
Something wrong here. This thread goes and hyperlinks to FABO for some reason.:confused:

Sorry guys, someone asked so I posted. I think and hope the real point here is appreciating all of Ma Mopar's creations, no matter what the letter. Happy to be here and happy to discuss F, M & J on this site. :icon_thumright: I'd be happy to post pics of my old Aspen, but the only photo I ever remember of it I haven't seen in years. Back in the film years, I wasn't taking too many pics unfortunately.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Sorry guys, someone asked so I posted. I think and hope the real point here is appreciating all of Ma Mopar's creations, no matter what the letter. Happy to be here and happy to discuss F, M & J on this site. :icon_thumright: I'd be happy to post pics of my old Aspen, but the only photo I ever remember of it I haven't seen in years. Back in the film years, I wasn't taking too many pics unfortunately.

Hey, no worries man. We just like to keep it F,M, J over here. :icon_thumleft:

8D5 Gran Fury

Reaction score
My old '72 Satellite...

Eric, you use to live up behind Highline Medical Center, no? I use to drive a red '67 Dart GT and a white '68 GT as well as a dark blue '99 Supercharged Regal GS. My wife was a microbiologist/pathology 'scope monkey' there and I'd see that car when I'd exit out the backside of the emergency room area (doctor parking, bonus!) usually sitting in the carport

Last edited:

Erics5th

Reaction score
Yes I did. Well, my parents do (dad now). I used to go and work on it there and visit alot. Small world! Before moving to Texas I sold it to a guy in Illiois.

8D5 Gran Fury

Reaction score
Thought so- I know I've talked to you before,too. I've always said that Seattle is a big metropolotian area, but when you travel in certain circles this place isn't that huge

Back