Real mopar people dont act that way

Eastyorker

Reaction score
Really? So if you just bought a new motor for your ride and your buddy offered to help you pick it up in his '65 El Camino, you'd say no?

So what motor did you buy? I'm really curious. The offer always stands with the '65 El C. It's back on the road in a month or two.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Real world, a A12 Bee kicks my M's a$$.
But again...this is a F/M/J forum where the lower class F/M/J guys can talk.

I still stand behind Mopar or No Car. Why does GM have OnStar so you can call a tow truck? I just laugh at my Furd buddies repair stories.

Summer time break downs are one thing, but winter ones are a real PITA.
I learned my lesson with off brands.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
But again...this is a F/M/J forum where the lower class F/M/J guys can talk.

Lower class? I don't get it. Lower budget ya, but lower class? I think not. I don't understand why some of you get your nose out of joint cause a few K&N polishers make fun of your car? I think it's sort of funny actually (in a feel sorry for them kind of way). Hell, if someone has their nose that far in the air, it's probably so they don't have to smell their own sh*t. Besides, if you don't want anything to do with me or my car, I'll share my beer with someone who does.

holmes

Reaction score
When I go to car shows, especially Mopar shows I am drawn to what is "different" and since you see so many of the "regular" type of cars I tend to check out the fmj bodies most. Here are some from the Monster Mopar Weekend that was here in Indy. PS I also own an a-body.

DSCN0212.jpg

DSCN0222.jpg

Volare Wagon.jpg

ramenth

Reaction score
Lower class? I don't get it. Lower budget ya, but lower class? I think not.

I, for one don't think I'm lower class because I'm building my M-body over my E-body. I've got some die hard Mopar buddies who think it's cool that I'm starting with the easier, more affordable project first. They think it's even cooler what I have in store for the car. One of these guys owns several E-bodies, his daily driver is a slant powered '69 Dart 4 door, he's got an '83? '84? M-body AHB in the stable, as well as a few big block powered B-bodies, and
a host of other A-bodies.

Captain Caravelle said:
I don't understand why some of you get your nose out of joint cause a few K&N polishers make fun of your car? I think it's sort of funny actually (in a feel sorry for them kind of way). Hell, if someone has their nose that far in the air, it's probably so they don't have to smell their own sh*t. Besides, if you don't want anything to do with me or my car, I'll share my beer with someone who does.

As Eric pointed out, the pounding he and I endured when we were just a sub-forum on FABO was pretty bad. Check out my avatar over there and you'll see that it says I'm a "low rent member," poking fun at what one guy over there called me for owning an M-body and "hanging out on the A-body site."

I think that was the mildest thing I was called, both in public on the forums and through the PM system.

One of the funniest incident's was when some a-hole told me that the B-body guys won't talk to me and the E-body guys will just ignore me. Umm, that Sport Satellite in my signature? It's a B-body and may be the only one still in existence (working on trying to find others). My signature said that I have a '74 Baccaruda - which was a play on the old Plymouth commercial back in the '60's - and the same idiot who told me this then asked "what's a Baccaruda." So, by his own estimation I must have split personalities in the fact that I won't talk to myself as I'm also a B-body owner and I'll ignore myself as I'm also an E-body owner.

Granted, this Rocket scientist told me all this and didn't have the brain capacity to realize what the cars in my signature actually are.

You know what, though, I don't hold FABO responsible for this kind of behavior as I've also got guys over there PM-ing me asking how the M-body is coming. I've got guys on FEBO who've sent me messages thinking the M-body build is cool. These are car guys, Mopar guys, and as long as it wears a Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth, or DeSoto (or even Fargo) badge it's all cool to them.

Those are generally the guys I hang out with. The naysayers? To them I say, wait til the car is done, and let's go for a ride! :cool:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
As Eric pointed out, the pounding he and I endured when we were just a sub-forum on FABO was pretty bad.

See, to me that's so stund. It's like a guy who you play with on the same hockey team cutting you up cause he blew more on his skates than you did. You're on the same team aren't you? I personally don't care if you have an A12 Bee or a 86 Dip with a slant. Who cares? Your working on yours, I'm working on mine. HEY! I got a great idea..... why don't we help each other, then we'll get them done even faster.

All I can say is I'm glad the car guys I hang with aren't like that... cause if they were, I sure as hell wouldn't be hanging with them. :icon_puke_l:

holmes

Reaction score
Remember.... Same Team.:eek:ccasion14:
What he said!!! I like Mopars of all shapes and sizes. I have owned a,b,c,e,f,r bodies and 2 Colts 2 Ram 50s several Dodge trucks what ever Omni/Horizon body is and a Ramcharger. I loved them all and still do! As far as fmj cars go I own a Duster and a Volare Wagon now and the wagon has 3 times the miles on it that the Duster has (90,000 vs 30,000) and the wagon rides and drives so much better than my Duster! Enjoy your Mopars no matter what breed they are.:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Last edited:

Erics5th

Reaction score
Thanks. Have to admit it spends more time in the garage instead of on the road... Lubbock drivers are nuts and I only drive it on my days off, weather permiting. I'm still kicking myself for putting the set of police rims that where on it onto the '72 Satellite I had to sell it. But, it still has the stock 15X7 rims so its all good. I've upgraded the front sway bar to a 1 1/8" piece and added a 3/4" rear bar from a AHB Diplomat. Even with the 215/70R15 tires (standard tire size for police units) she really loves the curves. To bad there aren't many in flat West Texas! Oh well, there are plenty of long, straight roads... Glad I also have the 125 speedo installed.... :icon_biggrin: Only paid $750 for it in 2009 from a good friend who needed to sell it and I needed a car. He put in an 8.75" 2.94 rear, removed the lean burn and installed an Edelbrock SP2P manifold and Holley 4360 450cfm carb. He was going for milage and I usually got around 22mpg with it on myt 80 mile commute. I have since installed a Performer manifold with a Eddy 1406 carb. It also has a Y pipe from a '77 Aspen R/T and a full 2.5" single exhaust through a DynoMax Ultraflow muffler. In the next few months I plan on installing some '85-up "302" heads along with a better cam. Also has an HEI (yeah yeah) ignition system. I bought her with 89K, has 123K now. This car is how I relax... if it isn't broke, fix it! :toothy10:
Oh yeah, her name is Maybelline. My late mom named her that. :angel9:

Erics5th

Reaction score
Well, here is a (bad) shot of the engine.....
0d41891c.gif

Rear sway bar....
5a7f653f.gif

Another shot from when I lived in Washington.
193.gif

Back