Rear axle/suspension rebuild

Aspen500

Reaction score
I entered the p/n (4094060) into Parts Voice and it only came up with one result. They don't appear to have a web site but it shows they have at least one shackle in stock. Might be worth calling anyways(?)

http://www.bbautoparts.com/

brotherGood

Reaction score
Supposedly, the difference is the sway bar..not the car. According to parts books via another member on farleys.

Aspen500

Reaction score
That's what my parts catalog shows also. No matter F or M body (and I would assume J body but my catalog is 1979) with rear sway bar has shackles like you have that are wider at the top and the rear hanger brackets have a longer tube for the bushings. A person could change to the standard hangers and use the available shackles or cut the tubes shorter. Sorry if I mentioned that already!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yes it is. The only difference is the length of the tube where the bushings fit. It's wider for the spacing of the top of the shackle. Otherwise, it's the same. If the ends of the tube were cut shorter, a standard shackle could be used. Or,,,,you could find some nice rust free hangers from the south west.

Or,,,,,option 3 you might get lucky and find a pair of used no rust shackles and hangers for a sway bar car. Only problem with that is then finding the upper bushings that are long enough.

Stuff like this is what makes owning an F-M-J fun, searching out parts vs just ordering anything you need from a catalog. I'm serious about that.

72Dodge

Reaction score
This is why I'm just converting to the E body springs and associated parts! I guess that option wouldn't be for everyone, but it seems a whole lot easier to me in the long run! :)

brotherGood

Reaction score
Lol..I was thinking I'd be saving money this way. Now I'm not so sure. I just want a nice, solid handling car..lol

Back