Rear Bumper

Gunnar Schroder

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have found localy in Norway a decent rear bumper for my Diplomat G22 1978 Dodge. Chrome is very good and of course rusty on the backside. Will use my compressor and have it blasted with fine sand. That is no problem at all. After that I shall prepare it on the backside with proper antirust paint. Got hold of that from a local company too. So far so good.
Now the tricky bit: The Rear bumper horns are a different kettle of fish. The bolts inside are two on each. One is removable, no problem. The other one is impossible to remove unless I cut open the some of the metal, remove it and fit a new Coach Bolt in 3/8" (Waggon bolt) and weld it back. I am sure you know what I mean.
Anyway: If some of you have and idea of where to get a couple of new horns please shout. I am sure I have seen on E-bay some for sale but cannot find them.
And another thing: Anyone having a malfunction radio that you have no intention to use or simply throw away: I miss the right bottom knob on my 1980 radio that works perfect.
And finally: A Happy New Year to all of you from Norway. Here it has been snowing for a couple of days so chaos on the roads of course.

20230603_083603.jpg

20230527_170243.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
By bumper horns, do you mean the guards? The small verticle chrome pieces on each side of the license plate area?

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
you're selling that radio?
what is it's "malfunction"? i know that Chrysler radios up to the late 90s fit in these but it seems you're trying to keep it original?

Gunnar Schroder

Reaction score
Not selling it as it works perfect. The only part missing is a little knob to the bottom right of the radio under the "PUSH" mark

Back