rear ends explained please

Bruceynz

Reaction score
I won't be getting those just to big and heavy to USPS to NZ so I will have to visit our local spring company and see what they can do for me, might get an extra leaf install to stiffen the rare up a bit. Although it does actually ride pretty firmish now. Might see if I can get better bushes put in.

Grandmas84

Reaction score
If your really serious about setting up your own gears, theres tons of information about the chrysler 8.25 from the jeep guys. Instead of buying the tool to set op the side adjustors, you can use a pinion nut welded to pipe or what not. Google is your friend. Against a lot of peoples advice. Im gonna throw a power trax no slip locker in my open diff. My cars not a daily driver so im gonna see how it works. Ill make sure to take lots of pictures and let everyone know how it goes.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
I am unsure if I need a LSD rear end, when do actually need one, I mean I have driven cars most of my life none have had an LSD, hmmmm is it just good for power take offs?

Grandmas84

Reaction score
I am unsure if I need a LSD rear end, when do actually need one, I mean I have driven cars most of my life none have had an LSD, hmmmm is it just good for power take offs?
You will definitely feel the traction and better takeoff. You can build a 500 horse motor but if you can't put that power to the ground. What's the point.

Back