Record numbers new members

Justwondering

Reaction score
Yeppers. I've been reading my service manual this morning. Cool windy outside and I stayed out late with family last night....computers with the nephew.

So I'm reading the manual and I have not checked 80 pct of general inspection or maintenance since I got this beast running.

Man. I an clueless that there are so many simple things I could check. It's amazing this thing runs as well as it does after sitting up for five years.

My next two tools? A torque wrench and a vacuum tester. Can't wait for this weather to clear.

David Clark

Reaction score
I don't think anyone pays attention to their Service Schedules anymore in this day and age too. They just get in, start the engine and go. Maybe they stay on top of Oil Changes. I don't know anyone personally other than myself that lubes their Chassis or does Coolant Flushes, etc... anymore.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
hurnda, toyucka owners do. They have been successfully brainwashed to take their cars in for these long laundry lists of maintenance at regular intervals, and gladly hand over hundreds of dollars for these services.

An old deal service manager I knew from years ago told me that the US cars were just as good as the foreign stuff, but a US car buyer is lucky to change the oil. This plays back to my original point.

Some if some toad face tells you how great his ricer is compared to American iron, you can ask him how much routine maintenance he does to it. That is why it lasts.

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
This started , with "new members", and I've been wondering where they are all coming from. Never any photos, {not that I know how to post them either}, and rarely any posts.
As for routine maintenance - I'm a firm believer in it. My 82 Cordoba, that I've had since new, barely burns any oil and it has 300,000 miles of mostly city driving on it. My 2002 Caravan, is approaching 300,000 miles, burns virtually no oil, and still has it's original transmission.

Back