Remembrance/Veterans Day

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Every year come hell or high water
I stop what I'm doing at work and go outside at 11:00*

And take a moment to honor those who died, served and serve
Despite how botched our governments are we still live in the greatest countries on the planet
And the reason we can go tinker with our Mopars is a direct result of the sacrifices that were made.

I've almost been fired for shutting my press down and going outside.
It didn't ever happen but if it did....well then that's my sacrifice....trivial as it is in comparison.

Take a moment at 11:00 folks.
It's important.
Lest we forget.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
At 10:59 I walked out back of the shop to reflect and observe my two minutes of silence.
A guy a few shops over has a huge Canadian flag waving in the breeze.
It was great to see it there.
Although nobody said anything to me about going out back...
Out of a company of eight people....guess how many did the same....?
Yes....that was a rhetorical question.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
If you don't mind Cap.'n, any significance to the 11:00*?

*Remembrance Day**(also known as**Poppy Day**or**Armistice Day
*) is a memorial day observed in*Commonwealth
*countries since the end of*World War I
*to remember the members of their armed forces who have died in the line of duty. This day, or alternative dates, are also recognised as special days for war remembrances in many non-Commonwealth countries. Remembrance Day is observed on 11 November to recall the end of hostilities of World War I on that date in 1918. Hostilities formally ended "at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month," in accordance with the*Armistice
,*signed by representatives of Germany and the Entente between 5:12 and 5:20 that morning
. ("At the 11th hour" refers to the"passing"*of the 11th hour, or 11:00*am) World War I officially ended with the signing of the*Treaty of Versailles
*on 28 June 1919.

We observe a moment of silence at 11:00.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Been there done that. Ran a Multi 1250, for excitement you could watch your hair grow. But the vacuum pump makes an excellent Hookah, joi.. Er a tobacco in sucker foot....

Ah yes.....the multi....an AB dick that takes twice as long to set up.
Don't miss either one.....never actually tried that pump thing. :icon_lol:

slant6billy

Reaction score
Good post!
Navy thankyou letter 1945.jpg

My Dad's Father was a NAVY SEABEE in WWII. I'm too young to have been drafted- talk about a government screwin'. But to all who served and are serving. My hats off to you and a big thank you.

Navy thankyou letter 1945.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Good post! View attachment 4611

My Dad's Father was a NAVY SEABEE in WWII. I'm too young to have been drafted- talk about a government screwin'. But to all who served and are serving. My hats off to you and a big thank you.

Thanks for posting that letter.
My wife's grandfather trained soldiers in Halifax.
He had some type of medical condition that made him unable to go oversees
So he trained soldiers here in Canada.
Whenever I go to see him I always get him to pull out his old photo albums.
He's 96 and still sharp as a tack.
God bless him and all those who have served and still do.

My imp

Reaction score
That letter's cool as hell! Adm. Forrestal had an interesting career to say the least! I was in the USAF, my son-in-law is active Navy. We constantly rip each other about each others branch of service. We can , because of the country we live in. Things sure have changed since I was in. My SIL said that AF boots get to use cell phones & lap tops in boot camp! I said somebody has to pamper the starters! He calls us the United States Chair Force! And so on.....

slant6billy

Reaction score
Our Veterans DayObservance ceremony, Marines Toys for Tots kick off campaign and carshow- (note the carshow portion was rained out and will be reschedule this Thursday 14 Nov). We took the service members to lunch afterwards as a token of appreciation
T for t 2013.jpg
..... Who wears a suit to a Carshow anyway?---- PHOTOBOMB

T for t 2013.jpg

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
Captain Caravelle, have you ever suggested to the company owner, that a minute of a silence ,out of respect , would be a good idea? Our company has done this for years. I spent a cold wet hour at the East York cenotaph watching the remembrance day service.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Captain Caravelle, have you ever suggested to the company owner, that a minute of a silence ,out of respect , would be a good idea? Our company has done this for years. I spent a cold wet hour at the East York cenotaph watching the remembrance day service.

Every year before I go outside I crack off to whoever walks by.
"Are you coming out for the moment of silence?"
The first couple of years one guy came out then he stopped.
The others don't seem to really care.
My boss would be #1 on the don't care list.
If people don't have enough class to do it I figure it's not my job to teach them any.....what I do do though is....when I come back in I ALWAYS say to each of them over the course of the day.... "Good to see you took time to pay your respects". They just give me a dumbfounded look.
No class.....

If you were at the East York service you're literally blocks from where I am.
We definitely have to meet up sometime.

Back