Sadness behind the Garage Door

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I could have told you that at least half the cars on "Pimp My Ride" were not legal, just from the few shows that I actually did see. I can't even see how the people doing the work on that show could call themselves professionals; does anybody honestly want to hire somebody whose idea of a custom car is to put a makeup mirror/set/styling salon in the trunk of a car, and have them work on a real car? I wouldn't. "Overhaulin'" is another type of show, with real car guys designing and building the cars. They overplay the taking of the car, the time crunch, and some of the drama, and I don't believe that the work can be done in 7 days (or however many days they are using now), and some of Foose's designs I don't agree with, but at least they aren't putting makeup salons in the trunks of cars.

I don't know if the car is economically rebuildable (by that, I mean that the car can be rebuilt within an affordable range of the son). The damage is pretty bad, but as has oftern been said, with enough money, anything can be done.

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Well I can understand where the gentlemen is coming from. Life sure is short and things can be tragic in just a blink of the eye. Before my fathers passing he would come over and help me sometimes in the garage working on the aspen. Matter of fact he helped me with a lot of the wiring in it. The dash wiring was trashed. Back in the day before he retired he worked for General Electric. Sometimes it is hard to let go of something even if it is wrecked all to hell are it appears that way.

Things always change in life but even when they do seems those memories always last are as long as we all can remember them they do. Still have mine and I am thankful for them. I also watch those shows every now and then when I have the time. What I find messed up with them is when they want to chop top stuff to death. It kinda makes you wonder wow what the hell are they doing right. To each there own I guess lol

We all have sentimental items we all hold close to us and cant always part with. I know I have things that I will never part with. I have a collection of civil war fire arms and swords passed down from my family and generations and other items that mean a lot to me. If that was me would I get rid of it. Well if I had the money no I would not I would find a frame and start over with it and use as much of the parts as I could off of it.

But even doing it that way well if they both worked on it together it doesn't mean that it would still be the same. Meaning one without the other. So I guess it would really matter how much does it mean to you. I think it is great and cool those people who do things to remember others and that do tributes and all that it shows and means that you really looked up to someone in life and appreciated them and you want to remember them.

I once asked my wife if she thought I was a good husband and asked her if she thought we had a good life and she told me I could not picture my life without you in it. To me that is the only thing that really matters to me. It means I will always be remembered in life and after life even if someone else doesn't remember me in life such as friends co workers bill collectors are anyone else for that matter. So I guess it depends how much a person really wants to do something.

Last edited:
Back