Saw this over on H.A.M.B.

Greg55_99

Reaction score
Rack & Pinion... Home made....

"These are pics that Terrarodder here on the HAMB sent me of how his buddy attached the rack to cross member ,1" sq. tubing and 1 1/2" channel. One pic is the Kcar steering arm welded to the volare streering arm . that way you can use the Kcar tie rod ends and just shorten the tie rods.

gdub"

As much as I respect innovation.... I don't thnk I'd try this approach myself...

Greg

Volare_RP1.jpg

Volare_RP2.jpg

Volare_RP3.jpg

Volare_RP4.jpg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
That's pretty cool but why that color? I would give this a go first. Big dollars but known to work.

product_image.php

slant6billy

Reaction score
@ Bremereric- I lost the info to the above fabbed K fram with coil overs & Rack and Pinion. Who was the company that made it?
thanks

slant6billy

Reaction score
efriedrich- thanks man... it was driving me nuts.... more nuts than usual

slant6billy

Reaction score
I just saw the show on Speed Channel - (Chop Cut Rebuild) put one of these in a 72 Duster. I'd really like to see if the improvement is worth the money. I'm OK with the current T- Bar suspension in my 79 F body. I really plan to only go in 1/4 mile straight lines. I do remember trying to parallel park it in downtown Philadelphia and due to the lock to lock big turning radius, it was most difficult. It would not be good to find out after installing the Reilly one and burning the $$ to see no improvement or worse. I have a 1997 Ram SS/T lowered 10 inches up front and -12 in the rear. It still has great turning radius. My friend's RT Dakota is not so good in the turning radius department. Thus, when I drove it I was not liking it. It is quick in a straight line though. I got to do more research and find some testimonials on the Reilly deal. Anything I find out, I'll post on here. Thanks again.

Back